“Why Fix It?”

Pasta Piatti
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Went to what we thought was Pasta Piatta but named was changed to Pie + Vine. Pasta Piatta was one of our favorite restaurants but this new one is a mess. We had lousy service and worse food. Found out it was the same owners who changed the restaurant. Why would you take a wonderful busy restaurant and fix it?

Reviewed 2 June 2016

First of all, this restaurant has changed to Pie & Vine, and I don't think it's fair that they retain all the great reviews that Pasta Piatti had, since it is a totally different restaurant now. I never visited when it was Pasta Piatti, but I've heard from several people that it was much better, and I wasn't very impressed with the Pie & Vine version of the restaurant. The atmosphere and location is great, and the outdoor area is very pretty and relaxing on a summer evening. However, I think the service and quality of food is lacking. My husband ordered the halibut dish, which he thought was just ok, a bit expensive for a meal that's just ok. I ordered a pasta dish and requested they go light on the garlic since I'm pregnant and very sensitive to some flavors now. The waitress came back and told us she ordered it with no garlic, which was not what I asked for but she just mentioned it as she was rushing through and clearly wasn't intending to stop at our table, so I figured oh well that would be fine. Well the dish came and it was not what I was expecting, I did NOT like it at all. This could just be me, maybe someone else would love it. My sweet husband clearly felt bad for me, and while I was in the restroom he asked them if I could get something else instead since I couldn't eat it. It was very sweet of him, and when I came back they had a new entree on the way. I NEVER send things back in restaurants, I believe this is the only time I ever have, but it was NOT good and I couldn't eat it. Maybe they made it wrong this one time, I don't know. The new dish (lasagna) was okay, but honestly I've gotten better Italian food at Olive Garden than anything we got here. However, at the end of the meal I was a bit miffed to find that they charged us for all 3 meals! Any other restaurant would have covered the cost of a meal that was bad in order to keep their customers happy, but clearly this place just doesn't care. If I had known they were going to charge us for all 3 meals, I would have asked them to wrap up the one I didn't like and saved it for my husband to eat, but they never gave us the option, they just threw it away and brought something else, without telling us we would be charged for it. I don't like wasting food or money, I felt a bit cheated, and I think this place has a very bad attitude toward their customers. Personally I will never go back.

2  Thank shootersaleen
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I have had many meals of pizza and wine at this restaurant!! I usually sit at the counter and the wait staff is very pleasant and eager to make your experience pleasant. Many time there is live guitar music. The outdoor patio is very pleasant and enables you to watch the people walking by and still have your privacy.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

One of the exciting features of Pasta Piatti was they deliver. Often, you crave excellent Italian but don't have the time or energy to go out, problem solved. Just call Pasta Piatti and the same fantastic features offered in their quaint restaurant appear at your door, just as warm and fresh as if you were sitting outside their kitchen.
Then one day, Pasta Piatti's doors were closed, the building was being painted white, and a new name, "Pie and Vine" mysteriously appeared on the side of their new white building!
Ill informed, or just not seeing the advertised change, I thought I had lost my haven for gourmet Italian at home or out! Luckily, one of the children of close friends went to work at Pie and Vine, as a delivery person and informed me it the same place, with the same cuisine, with subtle positive changes, brick oven, etc.
Please note, if you haven't already, Pasta Piatti equals Pie and Vine! The food is excellent and yes, they do deliver!

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Pasta Piatti has had a face lift. The big new edition is the wood fired oven. I had a hearty bean and sausage soup for lunch and it was surprisingly filling and rich. Best to eat it like a dip with the freshly made bread. Still lots of wines to choose from and comfortable wooden benches for some of the tables.