“Anniversary Trip”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

A staff member at our hotel recommended this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed. We sat outside on the patio and the atmosphere was very romantic. They serve a 4 course meal with so many different dishes to choose from. Our food was hot and delicious and our waitress was friendly and efficient. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

After reading so many positive reviews, I was excited to visit Cucina Biazzi... unfortunately, it turned out to be the worst dining experience we had during our three full days and nights in Ashland.

To try and be fair to the restaurant, two factors worked against them this evening: one, it was over 100 degrees outside, and the old house's attempt at air-conditioning left much to be desired. Secondly, they seated a huge party outside right before seating us inside (on the opposite end of the premises) and then assigned the same waitress to our table.

While I was sympathetic to the waitress' plight, I cannot excuse the fact that we were seated for 25 minutes before having our order taken! We sat down at 5:45 PM, which should have been PLENTY of time for dinner before an 8 PM show, but later had to have our last two courses brought at once in a last-minute rush.

The menu might be "quaint" to some, but it was odd to us: four courses, only one of which we actually enjoyed. Course one is a hodgepodge of appetizers crammed into one plate, which our waitress was too busy to explain to us...as we stopped her while rushing away to ask what was in front of us, she half-heartedly gave a fast summary, failing to warn us that one of them was extremely spicy. Several things were pickled or in a sauce, so as we picked away, trying to figure out which items we liked, the whole dish became one soggy mess.

For the second course I ordered the ravioli with crisped sage and brown butter sauce, a dish which I've had and enjoyed at restaurants which charge far less than Cucina Biazzi. "Well they can't get THIS one wrong", I figured, until I took my first bite and tasted SALT more than any other ingredient. I asked my girlfriend to try it as well, and her first reaction was the same. Had our waitress been anywhere in sight to check on us or ask how our meal was, I might have sent it back, but alas we wouldn't see her for another 15 minutes. My third course--thinly-sliced pork--was fine, but by the time it arrived it was close to 7:30 and we were needing to head out, so we asked for our fourth course, which turned out to be...

A house salad.

We asked for the check and let the waitress clear our barely-touched plates, which she did without asking WHY we barely touched them or asking us how we enjoyed the meal or even thanking us for coming.

I hope this evening was just an anomaly and that those who've enjoyed this place continue to do so in the future, but I will not be dining at Cucina Biazzi again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This is not a resturant. It is an absolute culinary experience! Four courses in one setting, waitresses who know their dishes and wines, and sensational food that linger long after the bill has been paid. Don't be put off by the house converted setting. You will be doing yourself a disservice. This place simmers with delight and de-lish!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The restaurant is set in a well kept up old house, with a nice patio in the rear. All the food we had was fantastic, but the lobster ravioli was in a class by itself. The service was perfect. Attentive and friendly without being obsequious. Do make reservations.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

On every trip to Ashland we eat at Cucina Biazzi. We have never been disappointed. The quality is very consistent. If the weather permits, the patio is very charming and enjoyable.

Been to Cucina Biazzi? Share your experiences!