“Clean, Quiet, Affordable Stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Port Townsend, Washington
“Clean, Quiet, Affordable Stay”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed at the Econo Lodge en-route to California. The place is exceptionally well run, very clean, quiet (ask for a room on the back side), and convenient to downtown Ashland for dinner and a walk. Pool was sparkling clean. Waffles and fresh fruit for complimentary breakfast. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Second story, back side of building for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
FORT COLLINS
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We return annually to stay here. The location is close to Ashland summer theater, rates are about 1/2 those in town, decent cold breakfast with waffles included. staff is friendly, always feel safe. rooms are clean. yes, a bit dated, but we don't travel 1500 miles for the motel room. nice pool I always mean to use but have no time. a nice fringe benefit- county tax is only 1% on room--not 10% or more as elsewhere. family run business-call direct for the best service and consideration.

Room Tip: we prefer the side away from the parking lot, second floor-though near I-5 exit, we never had noise...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Karatu, Tanzania
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We chose this place for one reason ~ price. Based on previous TA reviews we thought it would be ok. It was absolutely fine. We needed a clean, decent overnight option on a long road trip (Ashland is located halfway between Portland, OR and the Bay Area, CA). That's what we got. No frills. This place is what it is, a 1970's (or thereabouts) era roadside motel- super convenient to the freeway. Our experience at this average place was excellent. Yes, the bathrooms are tiny. Our rooms (we used two for three adults and two children) were very clean, no smoke smell, decent beds, normal American TV, excellent wireless. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is located in a building in the parking lot that looks like one of those temporary school classrooms. They do allow camping in a part of the parking lot and some poor bloke had the unpleasant job of keeping the campers out of the breakfast room, I felt sorry for him! It was pretty crowded but the food is the purpose, not the ambiance and it was ok to get the day started- fresh fruit, cereal etc. We didn't use the pool but it looked just fine. We arrived, rested, went to dinner and a play, returned late, slept and took off early. It's not a cute B&B or upmarket hotel but it works fine for a quick off the freeway stop at a low price point.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Annie B
san mateo, CA
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Never heard of the chain, Econo Lodge, but for a quick in and out overnight, this was really a pefect spot. Perfectly clean,friendly and accommodating staff and obviously management that wants you to return as a customer. I was very pleasantly surprised and would definitely recommend this spot seconds off I-5. Great value if you're just looking for an overnight spot.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank paulcCA
Twin Peaks
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked this property for a one night stop after reading recent positive reviews. Upon arrival, we noticed a motor home with a lot of people in it in the parking lot. It appeared they were living in the parking lot. I waited in the lobby for fifteen minutes before someone came to check me in. It is close to the highway, and I had safety concerns of break ins, due to the unsavory people hanging around the lot. I liked the parking in front of your room, but we heard car doors all night. The door to he room barely latched, and you could see an opening around the door which let in a herd of Mosquitos we fought off all night. The sheets smelled clean, but had dark stains on them in questionable areas, as did the pillowcases. I had to work, the Internet was actually working well. I had to call for a chair replacement due to it sinking when you sat in it. A replacement was taken from the room next door, and had more questionable stains on the seat. We only had three thin towels, also with random stains, which one went over the chair. My socks were filthy after walking on the carpet. One thin blanket, we fought over it on a thin, old, worn out mattress all night. We got no sleep, as it was impossible to find a comfortable spot to sleep on. My daughter also did not sleep well, and she can usually sleep anywhere. There were doors slamming all night, and way too much light in the room. People were leaving at first light, I assume due to horrid sleep. Also, if you step into the bathroom, you have to wedge yourself into the corner to close the door. Shower was dated, crusty, and had old glass doors I didn't consider safe with my daughter. This property should never have been listed as a choice hotel. We travel quite a bit, and this is the first time I have ever had an issue I have had to write about. The place in whole gave me the creeps.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank RoseUrbz

Travellers are raving about these Ashland hotels