“Wonderfully serene wine bar with excellent food.”

Liquid Assets Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Liquid Assets Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 172 Restaurants in Ashland
Price range: USD 12 - USD 28
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Wife, our grown son, and I came here for a pre-theatre dinner on a Saturday evening, based on excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. We liked the ambiance, to begin with, because it was serene and relaxing because of the configuration of the lounge and the way the tables were arranged. They have a rather extensive wine menu, and “flights” consisting of three glasses of wines, either their selection or yours. They also have a full bar. I chose their house “flight” or red wines which were interesting and good, wife had a chardonnay which was excellent, and son had a bourbon. Their food menu is not extensive but interesting: some “snacks” including fried shishito peppers, some soups and salads, starters including sautéed mushrooms, beef tartare, coconut calamari, and for entrée just five items- “huge asset burger”, mushroom carbonara, beet risotto, pan seared halibut, and New York strip. We ordered as appetizers beef tartare and sautéed mushrooms, which were surprisingly tasty, delicate, and excellent. We also ordered house salad, which was fresh if somewhat lacking in spices, especially garlic. Son and I ordered the New York strips, which were cooked rare as we ordered and delicious, if rather small in portion size. Wife ordered the halibut, which was good if somewhat on the bland side. The service was friendly, courteous, and helpful. We will come back when we come to Ashland again – it would be great if they’d have more entrée items.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat after an afternoon movie. We wanted to get out of the smoke from the local fires and saw Liquid Assets. The interior was very pleasant with wonderful art on the walls.
My wife had the halibut which she loved and I had a great tasting hamburger. There are many small plates also on the menu. If you are in Ashland, definitely try Liquid Assets.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Six of us had a lovely, quiet dinner here, seated a little bit away in the window at a large table. The wines are delicious, and we all loved our selections--three of us had Coconut Calamari steaks, amazing! The service was attentive and quick. With so many restaurants in Ashland, this is a true standout. I'll go back again!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Good wine and cocktail list, Limited but very good menu. I had excellent roasted cod special. Local suppliers. Farm ti table approach. Fresh northwest style food.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is another of my habitual stops in Ashland, usually for late afternoon libations with a nice selection of wine and beer. Once you start on the appetizers you may end up eating several and skipping dinner elsewhere. Sometimes many of the tables are already reserved during the summer. The tables and chairs are nice, but the atmosphere is utilitarian. Good service.

Been to Liquid Assets Wine Bar? Share your experiences!