“Big-City Style in Small Town Village”

Ashland Springs Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The tiny town of Ashland OR. is very eclectic and friendly. While recently visiting for the week, I was made quickly aware that most of the Inn's in town, were fairly 'ordinary' save for a couple of the charming B & B's about the Main St. (If) you, like my self, are seeking a more 'top-flight' experience akin to a 'Four Seasons', 'Ritz C'. or etc. this place will likely appeal to you far more, than any other offerings available - but without their high-ticket prices! The front Lobby is beautiful and open-air from the 2nd floor, looking down. Lovely chandeliers and palms, grace the marbled entrance; just quieting overall, and a pleasure to look at. My room was on the 4th floor looking out at the mountains and main village - I was able to view a stunning snow-fall over the town, from my corner window late one evening - an (unexpected) perk to the room!! Guests are provided an elegant Buffet Continental-Brkfst. in the mornings - for the price of your room. Complete w/ steel-cut oatmeal, mini muffins, coffee, and etc, Expectedly, china and silverware are provided! Presentation '4-star' all the way. Mattress in my suite was very comfortable and Japanese deep-soak tub in bathroom, was to die for - almost deep enough to be a 'Watsu' pool - highly theraputic, for those w/ issues. One and (only) one shortcoming I encountered during my stay, was the over-eager recipe 'experiments' served up in their house resturaunt, 'Lark's". I ordered something called a 'Pulled-Pork' sloppy-joe sandwich, and it WAS dreadfully sloppy!! Inventive, by adding cole-slaw and melted cheese, but revolting looking when all that wetness, was 'slopped' together - looked like someone threw up on the plate! Also, coffee was served up mild-to-lukewarm, another unexpected no-no from such a top-notch establishment. I would recommend staying away from the resturaunt altogether as they lean a tad too far into 'creative cuisine' efforts and sadly, miss the mark. Besides, there are numerous places to eat, all up and down Main St. All in all the prices, the accommodations, the free parking, make this the ONLY well-heeled place to stay, when visiting Ashland.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank NewportBeachWords

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Had a wonderful experience here - great hotel, friendly staff, and terrific dinner at Larks. Will for sure be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We were only staying one evening, but it was wonderful. The location of this hotel made it ideal to walk around Ashland's downtown to enjoy the restaurants, shopping, theater and Lithia Park. The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel staff friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I booked a Groupon special with this hotel several months ago and were waiting for the perfect time to treat ourselves with it. We decided upon the second week in January, and we couldn't have picked a better time. Ashland was just wrapping up its Christmas festivities, but it was quiet enough that we felt like we had the town to ourselves. It was also the first snow of the year and we got to look out over main street from our king corner suite window and our comfy, plush bed!

I loved all of the Victorian accents and furnishings in our room. Yes, it was small; however, I thought it was very, very cozy and felt like I was staying in my favorite aunt's guest room. We had champagne and truffles waiting for us upon arrival, and ordered chocolate lava cake from Lark's for dessert as we watched the snow and TV from our big windows. The staff here are also fabulous. Every single server and front desk attendant that we encountered was beyond friendly and helpful. They made us feel very, very welcome!

We ate at Lark's on the second night of our trip and had an equally amazing time there as well. I highly recommend the wine flight-- you get a substantial amount of wine in the tastings for much less than it would cost for two glasses of wine! I also recommend the apple crisp-- it was AMAZING. Our Groupon package also gave us an hour soak in the Japanese Ofuri tub at the Waterstone Spa that hotel owns, so we had a very relaxing Sunday waking up in the sauna, tub and steam room. Oh and complimentary continental breakfast was a major perk! (I just didn't care for the coffee-- thankfully Starbucks is literally just around the corner!).

I will ABSOLUTELY be back-- I just hope they offer another Groupon package like this because it was unbeatable. Literally one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had-- and we've been all over the world. Thank you Ashland Springs Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king room on the 5th floor-- best views!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We knew the hotel had a nice reputation and it really was nice. Room was not huge by any means but very nicely appointed. Restaurant downstairs was terrific and lives up to its; reputation. And as a knitter I loved seeing a knitting group in the lobby.

Room Tip: I slept thru it buy my husband heard a bunch of street noise - we were there on a Friday night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family