“Well maintained mid-level rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Ashland

Holiday Inn Express Ashland
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Well maintained mid-level rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Well maintained hotel typical of Holiday Inn Express. Location is excellent for Interstate 5; a little out of the way for downtown Ashland. My first improvement would be an automatic front door. Double (airlock) manual doors are difficult for baggage. Even more difficult for wheel chairs. Staff is congenial and capable. In either direction, the same rooms would be cheaper in Medford or Yreka, but Ashland is far better in terms of a town to visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I recently visited this hotel in December while on business in Southern Oregon. I must say I was impressed with not just the hotel overall as it is updated and a very nice hotel but the staff I encountered we're also friendly and took time to say a hello when I was asking down hallway, in elevator etc. that is always nice as I travel quite a lot for work and it's nice to feel valued as a paying guest. Wireless Internet also worked very good as well.

Hotel has a good breakfast and there is also a very good Mexican restaurant next door that is phenomenal . I recommend the care Asada....excellent! They also have American fare as well.

Overall, I will certainly return.

Room Tip: El Paraiso restaurant next door is outstanding!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank QualityInspector1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here both on the way to visit family in California for Thanksgiving and on the way back. This is the place we stay when either going to the Shakespeare Festival and when traveling to California. We have together or separately stayed here approximately 10 times. It is always very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is better than most and has something for everybody. We take it back to our room and enjoy it there with the morning newspaper. The staff is extremely accommodating. Our return visit was on Nov. 27th, the day of the Oregon Civil War game. We had inquired on our first stay if we could possibly check in about the time the game started (12:30 vs regular check-in time of 3:00). We arrived about 12:00, watched some football in the lobby/breakfast area, and were in our room for the kickoff. This is the second year in a row that they have accommodated us in this manner. We won't stay anywhere else in Ashland.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter if you like your window open.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Bothell, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We have 3 kids, and once you have five in a family, you usually need a suite. So, I booked a 2 room suite with queen bed and a sofa. I made the mistake of assuming the sofa would be a pull out, considering there were 5 of us in the room, but I was wrong. Upon arrival, I called 1800-HOLIDAY. The first 2 people I talked to told me the sofa should be a pull out. I was transfered to customer care who curtly told me that my reservation did NOT indicate a sofabed. I spoke to the front desk and was informed that all the roll away beds were accounted for, but we could have extra blankets so one of us could try to sleep on the tiny couch. I am not very happy. If I had known, I would have stayed somewhere else, or at least not splurged on a suite.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 5ofusontheroad
South Pasadena
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights to attend the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from downtown Ashland, the theaters, and restaurants. We find that the tradeoff of price of the hotel vs. proximity to the theaters is worth it. It is a bit impersonal, but the hotel does have many things going for it. We have stayed here two times now, and are very pleased with the comfort of the rooms, bed, and bath. Both the room and bath were quite spacious. The complimentary buffet breakfast was good (cereal, yogurt, an egg dish bacon or sausage). The dining area does get a little crowded at peak times, but we along with our friends never failed to find a place to sit. The heated indoor pool is a good size. Although the hotel has a gym, it is fairly minimal - one treadmill, one bicycle, and one elliptical trainer. Unfortunately, both times we stayed at the hotel, the temperature in the gym was much too hot – 80 degrees. Given the length of our stay there, it would have also been nice to have access to a computer, but that is a minor complaint. The TV was a flat screen and there were many channel choices. There is plenty of parking. The downside is when you drive into Ashland, parking is not nearly so easy to come by. We would definitely go back the next time we go to Ashland.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends