“The worst rafting experience I've ever had and we haven't even gotten on the water yet!”

Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The best rafting trips in Ashland, Oregon are with Kokopelli River Guides! Rafting and kayaking on the Rogue River and Klamath River are our passion and we want to share that love of the river with you! We are located in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Take the time while you are here to experience a river trip like no other! Our guides love guiding and it shows! Our lunches and snacks are healthy and delicious. Join us for a half day to several days on the river and see why we love what we do.
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

The only reason I'm giving them one star is because you can't rate lower. I called to make reservations the day before for a half day rafting trip for our group, and was told we would be picked up at our hotel at 845am. The group arrived in the lobby by 820 to wait for the pick up. After waiting in the lobby an hour we finally received a call saying one of the guides was late and they didn't know what time they would arrive to pick us up. We were annoyed but wanted to go so we kept waiting. Finally at 945 an HOUR after we were supposed to be on our way to the river the guide called us back and said they were short a guide so they would have to put us all on one raft when we were supposed have two and he would be an additional 30 minutes late. We haven't even stepped foot on the van yet and this is already the worst rafting experience I've ever had. This company is extremely unorganized and turned what was supposed to be a fun family adventure on the water to a miserable two hour wait in a hotel lobby. Hopefully the actual trip is worth it.

1  Thank SappFamVacation
KokopelliRiverGuides, Owner at Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2015

Thank you for this review. We always appreciate the time that you spent to provide us with feedback. We want to hear if it's excellent, or in this case, "the worst." Our standard is to provide clean, professional, knowledgeable, and timely service to all of our guests. This was an isolated incident that timeliness did not occur. Our guide reported that your group had an excellent time on the river and he thoroughly enjoyed the time that he spent with your group. Our apologies and thank you again for your review. It's reviews like yours that help us to continue providing excellent customer service for all of our guests.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

we are traveling nurses from new york so we wanted to get advice from our coworkers on worthwhile activities in the area and Rouge River rafting was at the top of their list. Kokopelli River Guides was the first place we called and they did not disappoint. The pickup location was easy to find and the guilds showed up on time. Both of them were friendly and knowledgable. The whole trip was memorable and I highly recommend it,

1  Thank Rauldon B
KokopelliRiverGuides, Owner at Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thank you so much for your review of your recent rafting trip on the Rogue River. Our guides aim to make your trip exciting, safe, entertaining, and fun. I am glad we did not disappoint. We hope you can make out with us on the river again while you are in the area on your travel nursing assignment. Have a great rest of your summer!
Leslie Dopp

Reviewed 21 July 2015

This was our second trip with Kokopelli and it was amazing! We had a fabulous time with Matt. He made the experience really enjoyable, especially for my water rat kids and husband who spent a lot of time actually in the Rogue rather than riding it! (On purpose) I felt safe the entire time and our family loved the thrill of going down the rapids. (On the first trip, my daughter was young and it was more of a river float, which we also loved. :)) We will definitely be coming back to Kokopelli and recommend it to anyone!

Thank you! I love reading reviews from people who have gone rafting with us not once but twice and had a great time on both trips! I am so glad you had Matt as your guide since he is one of the owners of Kokopelli and has been guiding for 20 years. He is very competent on the river so you were in very good hands. I am so glad your family enjoyed the trip. We hope to raft with you again in the future. Have a great rest of your summer!
Leslie Dopp

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Chris makes you feel safe with his experience of the river and Steve is just funny without trying. We had such a great day. It was relaxing and fun for the whole family. You won't be disappointed.

KokopelliRiverGuides, Owner at Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you so much for your awesome review! I am so glad you loved our guides and their personalities. We love them too! I am glad you had a great trip and we hope you come back and raft with us again in the future! Next time, we would love to take you on a full day Upper Klamath trip that has miles of Class 3-4 rapids. Have a great summer!
Leslie Dopp, owner

Reviewed 3 June 2015

was my first ever river rafting experience, a half day on the Rogue. was perfect for beginner. the rapids start out easy and get progressively more intense, which gives you time to learn. Guide was perfect, experienced and safe. was a little worried at first that it was beginning to rain, but the guide informed me that rainy days are even better than hot ones, and i think he was right. youre going to get wet anyways and you dont have the sun beating down on you during the slow parts. the gear provided kept me perfectly warm and happy. all in all was a great experience i would definitely recommend.

KokopelliRiverGuides, Owner at Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Hi, Thank you so much for the kind review of your rafting trip on the Rogue River this past week. Despite the rain your guide told me you had a great time. Yes, the rain tends to make the river feel a little bit warmer when you get splashed. We hope you come back and visit us the next time you are in the area. We look forward to taking you down the Upper Klamath River the next time for your 2nd rafting adventure! Thanks again and have a great summer!
All the best, Leslie Dopp