All reviewsstayed herefront deskindoor pool hot tubmini fridgestaff was friendlyquiet arearoom was cleanfitness centerwonderful stayturner fallswould stay againgranddaughtersinterstatefuneralgasdraintexas
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Property and room look great. I travel on business often, and this property would be in the top 10% of motel type properties in which I've stayed. Problem is cheap thermostat and interior heating/cooling system that looks and sounds like a unit from a Days Inn or Motel 6. Even in the off position the unit would come on for a few minutes each hour. If you are not a heavy sleeper the loud blower will wake you up. The next morning the staff said they were not authorized to make a rate adjustment. Requested a call from the manager Roxie Arambula, but instead received a call from another staff member wanting to speak with me but stating "not sure what they could do". Like most of these properties, this is a francise hotel, and not owned by Marriott so service can vary from property to property. If not for the problems with the heating/colling system and poor customer service I would have given this property the highest rating. Unless you are a heavy sleeper, I would not stay at this property.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2009

It started with a transfer phone call t the national registrations. Rude person on the other line and had a "Take it or leave it" attitude. Called back the local number and the person answering was very nice and got me registered.

When I arrived the same person was there and I was hoping for a very nice stay. Well to the contrary, the bathroom floor was wet but I was hoping it was just not mopped dry by housekeeping. Well later in the night the puddle kept getting bigger (the toilet was leaking from the waste flange). Its saturday night and I know theres not a plumber on site so we put a towel around the base of the toilet and just think it cant get worse can it?

The bed was VERY uncomfortable and creaked and knocked into the wall with any movement. The air-conditioning system was either freezing you to death or burning up and the fan was so loud you had to turn the tv up to hear it and when the A/C went off the TV was blaring to the point you needed ear plugs.

The TV was very low scale for a upscale hotel. The rent movies option didnt work and with a phone call down to the front desk we got a "I will get on this and call you right back". Well we NEVER recieved a call nor did the function work. The sink area was small and the drain wouldnt stay up. The book with all of the hotel information and amenities had child scribble all over the pages in blue ink. The sofa and chair was uncomfortable and could have been easily been seen in a rental return furnature store's discounted the 4th time section.

I was VERY dissapointed with the entire experience. The counter person was very courtious but all he is a front man with no "get it done" responsibity. He does a good job of smiling and making you feel like its going to happen other than to be dissapointed that it didnt.

I would have been better off with a Motel 6. That is about the quality of this property is. I accually have been in better Motel 6 properties.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My family and I stayed at this hotel in the month of July. We are from Texas and when we got there my husband went in to get our room number (we reserved the room over the phone) he heard the front desk clerk tell another customer that they were going to have to turn away three people because they overbooked the rooms! Thankfully we weren't one of them. Can you imagine if you were from out of town and finally getting to the hotel and thinking you have a room waiting only to be told sorry we overbooked you don't have a room after all!!! When we got to our room, I noticed that the layout of the room was horrible. There is a huge bathroom area where the bathtub and toilet are and a tiny little space with a sink that is separate from the bathtub/toilet for you to get ready at. This sink area has no door so if you are an early riser and no one else is too bad because when you turn on the lights it spills out into the area where the beds are located!! And when you turn on the hair dryer the whole family will hear it. The beds also crack and pop when you turn over on them(glad I was not on my honeymoon!!) and early in the morning you get to hear your neighbor in their bathroom singing and talking on their cell phone, which leads me to believe that the walls are paper thin. There were four of us staying in this room and that night when i went to take a shower I noticed there was only one bath towel and when my husband called the front desk he was told to come down and get them!!!! I want to know why they could not have been set up they were not in our room like they were supposed to be in the first place and we don't get paid to have them in there, and the guy didn't even apologize for the towels not being there in the first place! This was at 11:00 at night so he could not have been too busy to bring them up and besides I believe there were two people working that night because earlier that evening my daughter and her friend went down to buy some candy and gave the guy a twenty dollar bill and he only gave them change for a five and when they told him it was a twenty he wanted to argue with them and the other guy said no it was a twenty, they finally got the right change. So my experience at this hotel was not very good to say the least and I paid $135 for one terrible night and would not recommend this hotel to anyone not even people I don't like!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TXTraveler14
Reviewed 19 November 2008

The Ardmore Springhill Suites is a newer hotel in Ardmore, Oklahoma. The rooms are very trendy and comfortable, but slightly crowded.
Upon the entry, there is a small sink, mini-frig, and microwave within some shelving. It is set apart from the rest of the living room area by a walk way that leads through the suite. The living room has a loveseat sofa, which can open into a sleeper. There is a sectional chair, coffee table, and desk with chair. All of this is separated by a wall which serves as the bedroom part of the suite. I had a king which was very comfortable. The television for the room is built with a swivel and sits on top of a three drawer chest. Obviously the T.V. serves both the living room and the bedroom.
I really like the space the bathroom has. The single vanity is separate of the toilet and shower.
The suite has shape to it. I like the style it brings that is different from a normal rectangular room.
Breakfast was complimentary and offered cold and warm selections with a nice sitting area.
The staff was tops. Very professional people who were willing to serve their guest.
The only critical points I have about the property are ones that would not keep me from returning. The first is thin walls. I could clearly hear my neighbor's television. Second, the milk for breakfast was expired by one day.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 July 2008

As my previous review notes, I intended to stay at this hotel on July 11th on my return trip from Missouri to Houston. The 2nd stay was almost as good as the first. The hotel was very busy when we arrived, and the staff worked very hard to attend to us as quickly as possible, however they appear to be very understaffed at the front desk. A hotel should ALWAYS have someone behind the front desk. Having someone in the office behind the front desk isn't enough.

I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor. The front desk sent someone from the staff up to check the room to make sure it was ready. We passed the girl as we went up to the room and she said nothing to us about the room being unacceptable. When we opened the door were practically floored by the smell of fresh paint. The girl should have stopped us and told us she would get us another room. Anyways, back downstairs we went, the front desk apologized and quickly got us another room. That one was immaculately clean. That was the only hiccup in our stay.

The rest of our stay was as good as the previous stay. Breakfast was excellent, the pool was great for letting the kids burn off that excess energy, the rooms was very clean and the staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)