“Horrible stay and service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Initially my reservation was not found by the clerk at the front desk. She did accommodate me by placing me in a room. Upon entering the room I found a dead bug on the bathroom floor. Next, while laying in the bed there was a spider crawling in the bed with me and my husband. There were stains all over the sheets by the way. The TV did not work, only had a fuzzy picture. I was not advised that I did not have a smoking room. When I left the room for a while, housekeeping came in the room and I was charged $200 to my bank account immediately without any warning or courtesy call from management. When I arrived back at the Microtel the clerk and I had a discussion regarding the issue and he noticed that I never initialed by the the non smoking policy because I wasn't aware that the room was non- smoking and it was not covered during check in. He refused to give me a copy of my agreement as a result of negligence on the check in clerks behalf. I requested to speak with a supervisor and he advised me that I had to wait until Monday morning. The internet then began to have issues and I was unable to work on my laptop from my room. I also had difficulty contacting the front desk on multiple occasions and had to walk to the desk in order to get service with all of my problems. I have filed a claim with my bank regarding the unauthorized transaction. I will never stay at this establishment again. I also had the clerk come to my room to see all of the dead bugs and he advised me to take pictures and take that up with the manager.

Room Tip: go to holiday inn
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank kelly b

Reviewed 4 June 2015

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 121patg
Reviewed 31 May 2015

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2015

We stayed two nights. The first night wasn't that busy but the second was. Our room stayed nice and quiet both nights. I had to call the front desk to get another towel, and they were polite and prompt. The room was clean. The a/c and fridge worked great. The microwave was on steroids and burnt my popcorn, but it probably wouldn't have if I had used the popcorn button. The water pressure in the shower was great, and judging from the steam after my husband and kids showered, it got pretty warm. The beds are a little on the firm side. We didn't try the breakfast. The best part is that it's a veteran owned hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank staceyc777
Reviewed 26 May 2015

The air conditioner in our room did not work. Called the front desk and they advised to turn it higher as it may bee frozen over. Tried that it still did not work. The doors to each room appear to be at least 2 inches from the floor allowing a lot of hall noise throughout the night. Could hear others in their room from our room as well. I know we did not pay 100 dollars a night for our stay, but because of these issues, we did not get the rest we needed.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Travellers also viewed these Altus hotels
5.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
0.4 km away
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus

Address: 3210 N Main St, Altus, OK 73521-1307
Region: United States > Oklahoma > Altus
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Price Range: $87 - $105 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Altus Hotel Altus