All reviews room was clean front desk kids loved the pool would stay again recently stayed here family reunion large bathroom stayed for one night night's sleep king room the breakfast area off the highway geneva ashtabula erie stopper midnight
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Was driving to Ohio to visit my brother, was going to stop in Erie for the night but all the hotels were sold out because of a festivle . Tried another place first right near here they wanted over 200 dollars for a night ,which I though was a little outrageous for a motel. So I found this place about midnight was able to get a room to rest for few hours .The girl at the desk was wonderful. I wish I got her name she was very friendly and helpful even at midnight . The breakfast was great in the morning .Room was clean I will defintly stay again if I am in this area again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Margaret C
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We (1 adult 6 kids) recently stayed here while going to GOTL. Staff was great. We had a 2 room suite. Room was clean and spacious. Kids loved the pool and afternoon snack. Breakfast was also very good. On our next visit to GOTL we will stat here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MT H
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I am a Platinum Spire IHG Member and use Holiday Inn Express exclusively. I reserve online and I am always a late arrival with my reservation noted as such. I arrived at 9:30 PM on July 29th to find my room was not only "no longer available," but some how my reservation had been modified to Nov 5th by someone other than myself. The agent insisted I made an error in booking the reservation. I located the SMS to my cell prior to 6 pm with the correct data. I asked him to verify how and by whom the reservation was modified. He was unable to provide that information. I was offered the last room available, not the room type I reserved, at a reduced rate for the inconvenience. Another person, seeking a room, arrived as we were speaking and was told the hotel was full and no longer had rooms available. In all my YEARS of using IHG hotels I have NEVER had this happen before. The individual at the desk was not wearing a name tag. I asked his name, but instead was referred to a table with business cards to the right of the front desk, should I need further assistance. If you are arriving late, call ahead to let the desk know you are coming and get the name of the individual answering the phone. Otherwise you may not have a room when you arrive.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank mommyskot07
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashtabula-Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear mommyskot07,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate the above average rating given on cleanliness and value. While our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodations, I apologize for the disappointment experienced surrounding your reservation and the inconvenience this may have caused you. We sincerely care about your experience and what you described certainly isn’t what we want for any of our Elite members like you to encounter. I have already brought your comments to the hotel's attention and necessary actions will be taken to avoid the same inconvenience in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. Your IHG Rewards Club membership is valued and we hope that this experience will not deter you to give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We had a large party to stay at this hotel for a family reunion. They also had a large wedding party in the hotel. I overheard the people at the front desk say they were sold out over the weekend. The staff did a nice job stocking up the breakfast area during peak times. The common areas were well kept despite the heavy traffic. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Everyone was friendly and helpful. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and the gym was good although on the small side. I was returning pool towels one morning and an attendant saw me and offered to take the towels to save me a trip. Nice. Also, we had to leave a few minutes before breakfast officially started but the person setting up the food let me in anyway. And everything was set up and ready to go. Excellent!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed June 7th, 2017. One night 3 kids, mom and dad. The front desk was very inviting and helpful. The room was very clean and accommodating, the pool was great and the breakfast was good. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Zero issues to report.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family