“Great hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashtabula
Gilded Swan Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Ashtabula B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Stayed here when I had an event in Geneva. Very comfortable despite sweltering weather. Elaine graciously prepared my breakfast (and plenty of good coffee) an hour early to accommodate my schedule. House has room to relax, cookies on arrival.

Room Tip: Front room was fine for me but light sleepers may prefer the back.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I went to the Guilded Swan for a couple of nights away with my cousin so we could catch up. We were happy that the king size bed could be separated so we each had our own. The breakfast was really nice and the hostess even sent some coffee cake home with us. Also she is very accommodating with check in and out times. Had fun finding all the swans everywhere! Painted artwork and mural on ceiling and walls in a couple of rooms that was worth seeing.Though it's true that the neighborhood was not wonderful, we didn't feel unsafe and were able to enjoy the various tourist attractions along Lake Erie and in the town. Also since the price couldn't be beat and she said we could come in the morning whenever we wanted, we were very happy. A lot has been put into the restoration of the place which we could really appreciate. I plan to return!

Room Tip: I liked that our room was by itself just as we came to the top of the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

On a trip to Ohio's northeast winery's this was truly a hidden gem to find. The house is absolutely restored amazingly! We stayed in the Erie room which has its own private bathroom with a wonderful jacuzzi tub for 2. The bed and it's linens were so comfortable! Next time I will book the suite downstairs which has a private entrance, sitting room and a small kitchen. The price is right and Elaine is such a wonderful hostess! The morning breakfast and conversation with the other guests was wonderful! Its a little ride from the adorable downtown area which is also a must see! I will definitely stay here again and again!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Would we Book a room again, Yes! My wife and I like to travel to Ashtabula for bike riding on the Western Reserve Greenway Bike path which is a paved 47 mile rails to trails. The Gilded Swan is very close to the actual path. You can ride right from the B&B. We checked out the reviews before we booked a room, as I am sure that is why you are reading this. We agree with all of the positives, Elaine is great. Breakfast was wonderful and her company even better. This is why you stay at a B&B. I guess the best way to counter the negative reviews are don’t judge a B&B by its town. Odds are you also have a reason to be in Ashtabula, the location is perfect for us as bike riders but if not the inside of the B&B will make you forget that Ashtabula is a like many aging industrials towns in the NE. How attractive is the exit off of 1-90 where you will find your hotel? Our room was very large and comfortable, we stayed in the down stairs Vintage suite. The B&B has Wi-Fi which worked fine for me. We stayed during the week so there was some road and railroad noise in the mornings, but nothing that kept us from sleeping at night. Again for the value, Elaine’s hospitality and breakfast, I am sure you will also be hard pressed to find a reason not to want to return once you have been inside.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vintage Suite the Lake Erie Harbor has a better Jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sedonahiker
Reviewed 24 January 2015

The inside is immaculate and very romantic. Hostess is very kind. However, the neighbourhood is not what we expected. It is on a main street with vacant business buildings around it. The B&B is not located in the tourist area at all. You still have a few kilometres or miles to go.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rozz77

Been to Gilded Swan Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!