All reviews sausage great price fresh strawberries western reserve private bath lake erie the owner elaine miles neighborhood greenway home northeast wineries house closet
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

On a trip to Ohio's northeast winery's this was truly a hidden gem to find. The house is absolutely restored amazingly! We stayed in the Erie room which has its own private bathroom with a wonderful jacuzzi tub for 2. The bed and it's linens were so comfortable! Next time I will book the suite downstairs which has a private entrance, sitting room and a small kitchen. The price is right and Elaine is such a wonderful hostess! The morning breakfast and conversation with the other guests was wonderful! Its a little ride from the adorable downtown area which is also a must see! I will definitely stay here again and again!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Would we Book a room again, Yes! My wife and I like to travel to Ashtabula for bike riding on the Western Reserve Greenway Bike path which is a paved 47 mile rails to trails. The Gilded Swan is very close to the actual path. You can ride right from the B&B. We checked out the reviews before we booked a room, as I am sure that is why you are reading this. We agree with all of the positives, Elaine is great. Breakfast was wonderful and her company even better. This is why you stay at a B&B. I guess the best way to counter the negative reviews are don’t judge a B&B by its town. Odds are you also have a reason to be in Ashtabula, the location is perfect for us as bike riders but if not the inside of the B&B will make you forget that Ashtabula is a like many aging industrials towns in the NE. How attractive is the exit off of 1-90 where you will find your hotel? Our room was very large and comfortable, we stayed in the down stairs Vintage suite. The B&B has Wi-Fi which worked fine for me. We stayed during the week so there was some road and railroad noise in the mornings, but nothing that kept us from sleeping at night. Again for the value, Elaine’s hospitality and breakfast, I am sure you will also be hard pressed to find a reason not to want to return once you have been inside.

Room tip: We stayed in the Vintage Suite the Lake Erie Harbor has a better Jacuzzi tub
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sedonahiker
Reviewed 24 January 2015

The inside is immaculate and very romantic. Hostess is very kind. However, the neighbourhood is not what we expected. It is on a main street with vacant business buildings around it. The B&B is not located in the tourist area at all. You still have a few kilometres or miles to go.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rozz77
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at the Gilded Swan B&B for three nights over the 4th of July. I was pleasantly surprised!
Yes, the neighborhood is not "grand" but that whole area is old and the economy is not booming.
The breakfast we were served at the Gilded Swan was awesome, every morning. The accommodations were very nice, clean, comfortable and roomy. We had full access to the kitchen
to store drinks or dinner leftovers. We would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: We stayed in the Vintage Room (I believe that is what Elaine called it). It was downstairs with a private entrance.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank smackfj
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Elaine's Gilded Swan was the perfect place for my weekend with my mom on an ancestry trip. We stayed in the main floor suite - spacious, charming, clean, and comfortable. We bought lunch items at Cleveland's West Side Market before going to Ashtabula, and enjoyed them in the Gilded Swan's kitchen before heading out visiting the area. Elaine's breakfasts - tailored to even this vegetarian! - were tasty and beautifully presented. She and Tony are so knowledgeable about the area and offered great suggestions of places to visit. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2014