“very slow service, rude cook, and disproportionate servings”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eddies Famous Cheesesteaks and Grille
Ranked #234 of 528 Restaurants in Akron
Reviewed 26 June 2016

My very first and last visit to eddies. I ordered two full original cheese steak sandwiches for $9 each anxious to see if the sandwiches tasted and looked like the picture on the side of the trailer. Boy was I disappointed. The sandwiches were under filled lacking sufficient meat, Cheese, Onions, and mushrooms. Seeing that I was not going to get a very full sandwich i asked for extra onions and mushrooms extra. The cook said to me and I quote, "extra means extra we need to put that on the menu". Implying that it should've been an extra cost. He did not add anything extra and the ingredients were hidden by the large bun. I should have in hind sight asked him to make the sandwich look like the picture but didn't. It wasn't worth the three innings of baseball that I waited in line. At best it was no better than a Subway sandwich for $5. he should've been ashamed of himself. I noticed the sandwiches being made before mine had varying amounts of the same ingredients for the same sandwiches. No consistency, no quality, no respect for the customer.

1  Thank fyiforburns

Reviewed 21 May 2015

Tried them inside the Rubber Duck stadium and we're hooked. Eddie is set up for take out across the street at Main and Exchange in a little tent all year around. We make the trip downtown, i hop out and get the order and my husband drives around the block then picks me up. So good!

2  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Close and convenient to UA. Typical college restaurant. Quick & good food. Mostly bar type food with good sandwiches.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Do yourself a favor and order only a half sandwich. They accept custom orders and have great "fair type" fries. Drink menu leaves much to be desired though.

1  Thank miller44718

Been to Eddies Famous Cheesesteaks and Grille? Share your experiences!