Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUSD 121
Expedia.comUSD 121
CheapTicketsUSD 121
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

This hotel needs a refurbishment. The location is fine the staff was friendly but it’s getting outdated in style and the years of use are clearly visible. Never the less, not a bad hotel. Yet work to do here.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2019

I stayed at this location for 4 days and found it to be very average. The staff here were great and very personable. Everyone I interacted with greeted me and made sure I felt valued. The area had plenty of shopping and food options.

My first issue was the cafe area. Although the woman working the counter for breakfast was friendly, she did not follow any sort of food safety standards. She wore the same gloves to touch money, then my toast, the door to the back of the kitchen, and then my food. I was so disgusted watching this that I only ate the fruit. My second issue was that the roof started leaking in front of me while I was waiting in the common area. From the looks from the roof, it wasn't the first time. Lastly, the shower in my room could have used a deep cleaning. The floor was very dirty and needed to be scrubbed.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 457allen
Reviewed 25 October 2019

There was nothing wrong with my stay. Its just for the money I would stay at one of their other properties next door like Fairfield that offered breakfast included. The paid breakfast was mediocre and not worth it and is the only reason I would not recommend this location. The hotel staff is what set this location apart from the others. They were great from the checkin to the maid service. They are very genuine and friendly and went out of their way to service guests a step above most locations. Although that is important, when staying in a hotel I have very limited interaction with the employees as I mostly come to sleep and use amenities. i.e breakfast

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sightsee25558187863, Manager at Courtyard Akron Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2019

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at the Courtyard Akron Fairlawn with us. I am pleased that our staff exceeded your expectations, as it is our goal to impress our guests in every way. I apologize for any misunderstanding concerning our breakfast offerings. Since the implementation of the Bistro in Courtyard hotels, the buffet style dining has been discontinued.
Although we did not meet your expectations regarding breakfast offerings, I hope you will consider the Courtyard Akron Fairlawn on your next visit to Akron.

Reviewed 19 September 2019

Rooms and facilities were nice, clean, and staff was pleasant. My one issue is the breakfast. They claim that they offer "cook to order" breakfast but it's really set up like a Starbucks, offering a set menu with one guy behind the counter doing everything from taking orders, to preparing, to working the register. And even though they put out coffee, it's not complementary. You have to pay and ask for a cup from the same guy behind the counter. Also, sometimes breakfast service starts late because the guy needs time to get there. I mentioned this to the woman at the front desk who acknowledged and claimed that she and guests have been saying the same thing.

If you still want your Marriott points, I suggest the Fairfield Inn down the road.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

Bistro employee who’s hair was so long it was laying on the counter. She let me know how expensive the food was , and there were better places near by as she tossed her weave over her shoulders constantly. I asked for a cheese burger since I’m not a big breakfast fan and told me she won’t make one and she knows the cook isn’t going to either ! So when I saw the cook I asked if he would ? The lady told me she was going to call the police if I didn’t leave ! Dang I didn’t know that you couldn’t even ask for lunch before 11:00 without 911 being called . But the room was really nice

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nick B, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2019

Hello,
I appreciate your feedback in regards to your stay with us. Unfortunately our property does not have a lunch service available. Our Bistro's hours of operation during the week are 6:30am-10am for breakfast and then we are open for evening service from 5pm-10pm.
We have used your feedback as a teachable training moment and will use it to better our service towards all our guests!
Thank you for staying with us!