“Varied and authentic menu”
Review of Koreana Restaurant

Koreana Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 6 April 2016

This is outside of Asheville, near the airport so may be missed by folks who stay close to downtown. We are glad we didn't miss it. They have a large menu, and it appears they can accommodate all food preferences. One server handled several tables very effectively. She was able to help us select and differentiate several similar sounding dishes. We are very familiar with Korean food and this was a wonderful experience for us. For those not familiar, it can be very spicy, but at Koreana they bring a bowl of spice paste to you can adjust to your taste. We had 3 delicious dishes and took home enough for 3 meals for one, or 1 meal for 3 people. Bulgogi and the stone bowl were yummy, as was the spicy stir fry chicken with lots of vegetables and a delicious spicy sauce. "Side dishes" are also excellent with a lot of variety. We will go out of our way to visit again.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to have a nice dinner so we stopped by this place. We were not disappointed! The food was authentic and delicious!! We had a kimchi pancake for an appetizer. I had the bulgogi dinner and my wife had the shrimp with garlic sauce that was amazing! It was truly some of the best shrimp I've ever had! The prices are reasonable and the food is great! If you want some true authentic, delicious Korean food, do yourselves a favor and try it! You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 22 March 2016

We spent three years in Korea awhile ago so we know what we like and don't like about the cuisine. Given this, we were very happy when we went to this restaurant for dinner. I should note that we don't care for spicy food so we avoided the kimchi. We ordered the Goon Man Du as an appetizer and one Bul Go Gi for the main meal. This was enough for both of us. Both were excellent with the Bul Go Gi, sweet and tender but not overpowering. In addition, you get a vegetable sampler so you can try the kimchi before buying, so to speak.

Service was excellent. Our server Ami, got the orders correctly and kept our water glasses and tea full. Value was excellent, each meal was reasonable priced. Overall, excellent. We would go back.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Get the seafood pancake appetizer! I loved it's this was our second time to Koreana. The first trip was a big hit as well. The staff are super nice, eager to explain the menu and Korean cuisine to you. We had a spicy pork and tofu soup that was delicious as well. We will be back.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

My gastronomic friend and I have been wanting to be a little more adventurous in exploring our local eateries. I have passed Koreana several times since it opened - have not had he chance to go. We read the reviews and have poured over the menu on line. We went tonight and have decided we are true fans!! We asked a lot of questions - and definitely asked for recommendations - spice level at a medium heat. Our waitress was exceptional - she clearly knew her menu and the proper way to guide "newbies" through the cultural maze.
My friend and i decided to share an appetizer and two entries. Started with fried dumplings - Goon Man Du - very tasty and fresh. Then went with a grilled selection - Bul Go Gi - sliced marinated beef filet served on a sizzling skillet plate with onions and a bowl of rice. SO YUMMY - slightly spicy with a slight sweet note. Then a stone bowl combination. - Dolsat Bi Bim Bam - scorching hot bowl that arrives spitting and sizzling with rice, 7 different vegetables (corn,sugar snap peas, cabbage, zucchini, mung bean sprouts, shredded carrots, bok choy) and a seafood medley of mussels, shrimp, squid and crab then a sunny side up egg on top. When it arrived our server gladly stirred the combo expertly so that the rice on the bottom did not burn but crisped up beautifully. The rest of the ingredients quickly cooked as she expertly folded it over and stirred. Ok - that all sounds wonderful but we aren't done yet! Then out comes all of the house made extras - kimchi, pickled daicon radish, bok choy, sweet potato, cucumbers, radish salad, deep fried sushi (delectable!) and one or two more which I have failed to commit to memory. These little tidbits were given to all tables - regardless. They add texture, acidity and brightness to the entrees. Everything from sweet, spicy, savory, pungent to surprisingly bright. They are very proud of their food - the chef/owner even came out to greet us and see how we were doing. She had been informed that we were first time guests and she wanted us to know our patronage was appreciated and invited us to return soon. We promised we would - probably the best meal I have had in a restaurant in a very long time. And the prices will not break the budget.