“Best Thai food I have had”

Tamarind Thai Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Had the shui special and could have just had that for dinner it was so good. Pad Thai excellent. Service perfect.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

First off, I want to say the staff were extremely friendly. So I have no complaints about them. The taste of the food was good but.... I ordered a dish that included cauliflower, broccoli, shrimp, onions and peppers. All I got was shrimp, onions and peppers. I asked if the dish was suppose to have cauliflower and broccoli. The waiter went to the kitchen and came back. He said they ran out of the vegetables and just put in what they had left. Okie dokie....

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Love eating here especially when I am craving thai and want to eat outside. Have eaten here a few times and has never disappointed me. My daughter just came back from Thailand and she loved it here too. The curry masaman is great.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My husband and I were flying out of Asheville airport and staying near the airport for an early flight. We were so pleasantly surprised to find this great Thai restaurant. Service was great, portion sized were huge and prices were very reasonable. Would definitely recommend, especially if you're near the airport.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Tamarind has, without a doubt, the best Thai food in Asheville and I think we have tried them all. It's located just off Airport Road - a bit of a hike from home for us but worth it. It's also a great place to stop in if you have been visiting the stores in Airport Road. The food is remarkably good and varied with excellent attentive service. Portions will have you asking for a box but are not outrageously huge. I am particularly smitten with the seafood soups and the red curries while my wife prefers the chicken & garlic dishes.
If you are visiting Asheville and want to get into a restaurant without a long wait on your way to your hotel from the aiport, a 2 minute detour to Tamarind is well worthwhile. Or make it you memorable last meal on your way home.