“Good food”
Review of Belgian Cafe

Belgian Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Apex
Description: Welcome to Belgian Café, the Triangle's ultimate Belgian coffeehouse experience. Our recipes have traveled over 4,000 miles from the kitchens of Brussels to Apex, NC. Experience our fine pastries and other Belgian novelties such as the Orangettes which are made from the perfect combination of fresh citrus dipped in decadent Belgian chocolate. Join us for a Petit déjeuner français, our signature breakfast, paired with a glass of fresh Jus d'orange. Stay for a Café latte or Lait Russe made with local, organic coffee beans. If you are short on time, take the Belgian Café experience with you through our variety of desserts from tarts to cakes. Chocolate lovers can indulge in our Le Fondant au Chocolat or Cake à l'Orange et Chocolat. Pick up one of our scratch-made tarts filled with fresh fruits that are sure to please everyone. Our chefs are passionate about pastries and strive to bring you a one-of-a-kind experience.
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I've been to the Cafe a couple of times recently. The food was very good and service was good as well, but it is not fast. Take your time, relax and enjoy. On one visit I had a sandwich, which was tasty, but more bread than meat. The chips are good too and the rest of the menu items look great. It is definitely not your normal lunch place menu and has a relaxing atmosphere. Staff is pleasant and the pastries look delicious.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Amazing food! The coffee is great and the latte art is amazing too. The service was great. I will definitely be coming back here with my fiance.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We were simply looking for a place in Apex that served brunch and stumbled across this place. What a great find. The food was great. Service was friendly and efficient too.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

There is no way this place can get more than a star. The food does not have any taste. We ordered a feta omelette and it came without any feta. The portions are small. The staff is not knowledgable about the menu. They don't offer coffee refills for breakfast (!). It might be good for take-out, though I haven't tried and would doubt it but definitely not for sitting there. The tables are extremely small, you barely fit.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I agree with some of the other reviewers.

Tight dining space. The weekday we went was packed at 10am. Lots of campers. Folks sprawled out to gab, read or whatever. They all seemed on top of each other. We found a spot at a "counter" that was barely wide enough for our plates.

I ordered a waffle that was very tasty but for the price was just a small waffle thrown on a plate. Zero presentation. The syrup tasted like the cheap stuff. Really, It did. If I can find them, I will upload photos.

My husband got a nice size plate with fruit on the side for only 1$ more.

I will probably not return, especially bringing my teen aged children. I can't imagine a toddler in this joint. Ugh.

Been to Belgian Cafe? Share your experiences!