“Very Accommodating-Best Sugar Cookies”
Review of McAlister's Deli

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McAlister's Deli
Ranked #58 of 140 Restaurants in Apex
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This is the best McAlister's that I've ever visited. They have always been very busy when I went, I imagine it has something to do with the close proximity to Costco. In my opinion, there is not sufficient parking to support the McAlister's and nearby Chipotle parking.

I was not very hungry and wanted only a small salad and drink. The manager allowed me to order a kids salad and small drink so that I did not have to order a large salad that I would not eat. He was kind and very accommodating. It made me feel like a valued customer. Best of all, it allowed me to save room for a sugar cookie.

The sugar cookies are so delicious. Typically, I am not even a fan of sugar cookies. I do not eat them anywhere but here.
They are large and soft in the middle. They have a hint of lemon. Mostly, my favorite cookie is chocolate chip. Nothing against the chocolate chip cookies at McAlister's, but the sugar cookies are so good that I think they are better than the chocolate chip. You should try a cookie and decide for yourself.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

New deli location in the Costco Shopping area of Apex.
We tried the New Yorker sandwich - combination of pastrami and corn beef. The meat was simply fair, not the type of pastrami and corn beef usually found in a New Yorker.
A lot of meat but definitely processed type with minor taste of freshness. But the cost was $9.99 with a small container of packaged apple sauce. Not a good sandwich for $10, iced tea was okay but nothing special. We could not recommend.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We were traveling through Apex and received a request to stop at McAlister's Deli and purchase soup, sandwiches, and iced tea for lunch. We ordered the potato soup, broccoli and cheese soup, and a grilled chicken caesar wrap, plus a gallon of sweet iced tea. This appears to be a fairly new restaurant, and the interior was very nice and clean. The same goes for the restrooms. The order was handled quickly, the soups were packaged in sturdy containers, and the deli provided fresh, large lemon slices for the iced tea. The restaurant does not participate in McAlister's awards program, but maybe this will come later. All the food held well until we reached our destination.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We came here for an early dinner on a weeknight. We had received a coupon in the mail which advertised spuds. We both ordered spuds, one with just plain cheese and one spud max. They were both huge and very nicely done. There weren't very many people in the restaurant so it was nice and quiet, something we, as seniors, enjoy. The service was fine; several employees stopped by to ask if we needed anything. We will definitely go back and try the soup and sandwich combo.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We went to this restaurant with great expectations. We went fr lunch and Ordered the New Yorker and the Savannah salad. The salad was good, the chicken, cranberries and the gorgonzola cheese were good. The problem is that they advertised this as a chopped salad and it wasn't. There was too much iceberg lettuce that overwhelmed the the rest of the contents and it was not chopped, the lettuce pieces were very large. Now for the New Yorker, the sandwich was good and the pastrami, corned beef and cheese were OK. The ingredients were definitely commercial and nothing special. The swirl Rye Bread was average as well. One big disappoint meant was the pickle, it was not a real deli pickle. I could have done to the super market and got the same thing. All in all the food was well prepared and OK. But, it is "Pricey". There are a lot chains out there serving food at at least 15 percent lower and you get get sit down service. The food is OK but this definetely is not New York Deli Food.

Been to McAlister's Deli? Share your experiences!