“good hotel - shame about 18-30 experience!”
Review of Ucak, Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gumbet
Ucak, Apartments
Ranked #74 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 29 August 2012

After reading the reviews about Paco and the rep on arrival telling us to "take him with a pinch of salt" I was very worried but he is a lovely guy and even helped carry our suitcases up the stairs to our rooms! He advised us throughout the entire holiday and was very welcoming and friendly!
When we first arrived, the 18-30 rep was pushing us into buying the events package (which I assumed would have already been incorporated into the package that we paid at the travel agent, but wasnt). Her selling technique was very pushy and agressive, encouraging us to pay the £150 approx price for the week with no option to think about it over night as we didnt arrive at the hotel until 2am ish. After finally being allowed to think about it overnght, we decided that we were not going to go ahead with the events as I had already been to Gumbet before and knew Bar Street well. After speaking with other guests that we made friends with, I am so glad we didnt pay for the package as it didnt live up to their expectations at all and they regretted paying for the events too! the pool party consisted of a few frisbees being thrown into the pool and the pub crawl consists of a t shirt and you still have to pay for your drinks! If you haggle with the turkish bar staff before going in and be assertive, you can defo get the price of the drnks down as some bars were charging 20 lira!! You will easily be able to pay less than 10 lira for an alcoholic drink! Our experience with the rep was awful and we certainly wouldnt go with 18-30 again but the actual hotel was clean, with good facilities in the room e.g. fridge/bowls/glasses etc and is about 10 min walk to Bar Street.
We went on watersports on the front and paid 35 lira for an all day boat trip with lunch and afternoon tea included. If you go to Happy Bar and ask for Halil, he will sort it out and was a great experience being able to stop and jump in the sea or just sunlounge on the boat all day!! I am defo going back to Gumbet next year as the people and places are amazing but would not fly with Thomas Cook again and would not recommend it to anyone in the near future!

Room Tip: Pay for air conditioning and late check out if needed! Defo worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have recently come back from a weeks holiday in Turkey with three friends. The holiday itself was absolutely amazing and I would recommend Club 18-30 to anyone wanting to just get wasted and let of steam!

We got an amazing deal of flights and hotel for 7 nights for £296 each- absolute bargain! Although once you're there, if you are not careful it could turn into a very expensive holiday!

The Ucak apartments are very very basic. Think of anything you would need on a daily basis and take it with you!! This includes SOAP, TOILET ROLL and TOOTHPASTE as you will be charged for this!
Also, make sure you don't misplace any of the few items that are actually in your apartment as there is a charge for anything you lose or take out of your apartment! (I had to pay 10 Lira for a glass that I had taken to my friends apartment below and Paco WILL NOT give you you're passports back until you pay it!!!)

I didn't like that Paco took our passports off us on arrival but I was assured by the rep that it was all legit- personally I think it's just a ploy to hold you to ransom if you don't pay the 10 lira you owe for sneezing! Ridiculous.

I felt like the whole time we were there, every single person was just out to get every penny you had but you didn't get anything in return!

Paco charged 50 Lira for if you brought a person back to the hotel for the night- which in a drunken state, many people just ended up paying to save argument. I wonder how much money he makes a week on that?!

Paco is generally a nice man if you stay on the right side of him. Just smile and keep him sweet and he will be ok with you. And go to his barbeque for gods sake or he will hound you until you do! He actually came to our window and was peering in shouting "You have to pay!" while my friend was changing! Very inappropriate!

In terms of the hotel bar, it is very small and quiet, the pool is very small also and limited seating around it, I'd just go to the beach. I always drink Amoretto and I saw that there was a full bottle of Disoronno on the shelf, I ordered a few that evening but the next day it was full to the top again. Probably refilling it with stuff that costs 5 Lira but charging us 15!

Oh and they say the drinks are cheap out there but I don't think 15 Lira per drink is cheap at all! (Thats nearly £8 per drink!!) We were told on one occasion that everywhere in Gumbet had put their prices up this year as people were going there because it's so cheap.

Sorry for this massive review, I'm usually quite easy to please and certainly didn't expect a lot from a flights and hotel total of £296 PP! The holiday itself was amazing, the hotel is only a 5 minute walk to the strip but to get there you do have to go up Rape Hill- which my friend did actually get attacked on when he was on his own on his way back to the strip! Luckily he managed to run away! Just don't go anywhere on your own!!!

TIP FOR CLUB 18-30 PEOPLE:

BEWARE- when you arrive at the hotel, the rep ushers you into your room straight away fro a "welcome meeting" this is to basically get half of your money off you before you've even been outside of the hotel! We made the mistake of booking everything with our rep and then found out from a lot of other holiday makers that we could have got things a lot cheaper.
After much debate, we did manage to get a refund on some of the activities so we were happy with that.
Having said all that, being with the Club 18-30 was well worth it for the events we did do, like the all day boat party on the saturday and you get to make great friends with other English people from the surrounding hotels- just be careful not to waste money that you don't need to.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmilyBowie
Reviewed 18 August 2012

It was nice It's was my fist Hoilday n I would go Bck to turkey n I would only go Bck to the ucak Cause they wher nice in the ucak And n the pubs n that wasnt far away it was nice to walk about n they r really nice people aswel

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Ucak
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have just come back from Bodrum after staying at the Ucak apartments. When I booked the holiday I was promised a sea view from my room with a 5 minute walk to the strip and beach. Me and my party were completely lied to. The only sea view we had was of the picture of the beach in the living area. The cleaner we had changed our bed sheets twice in the two weeks we stayed. The bed actually broke a few days into the holiday as I sat down and the bed fell through. Be warned they will try and charge you for everything and anything. The most disturbing detail about our holiday was the hill in front of the apartment which apparently has had the name of "Rape Hill" for the past 5/6 years. I found this as a joke at first but there were 3 attempted rapes by the Turks on 2 girls AND a boy. It is the only way to reach the bars and resturaunts and it is truly a dangerous and long journey up the hill. It is scarier at night as some turks hide in the bushes waiting for drunk people to walk down after a night out. I personally would advise people to walk down and up the hill in big groups, not even two's or threes. I won't be going to Bodrum again. Especially not Ucak. The staff near enough force you to pay for their BBQ nights Which you are ripped off for and the drinks are so over priced at the bar when it is better to buy your beers and what not from the local shops. Definatley won't be going back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank BigJay00
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was my second time in Gumbet as the last time was over 3 years ago. Was a bit worried at the start with booking an 18-30 Holiday but thought "What the Hell" as it was myself, my bro and 2 good mates. Well what can i say! its was EPIIIIIIIC! Ucak was great and Paco, Smiley and the other bar man who's name escapes me were great and made our stay very enjoyable! Certainly dont be put off by posts on Paco! The guy was dead on and very pleasant. He did comment on the fact he enjoyed our company as we didnt wreak the place like others that come but we still had good nites out at clubs and the foam party! Our rep Lucas was dead on and we did two nites out on the bar street with him and the 18-30 reps so all in all a good trip. All in all i can highly recomend UCAK and Gumbet!

Room Tip: Was in a few rooms at the Ucak and they all seem grand
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends