All reviews turkey on arrival pool area deck bay bodrum sea lira sunbeds waiters
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

The Divan Hotel in Golturkbuku has already been chosen by Condé Nast as 'the most excellent, charming boutique hotel in Europe and Mediterranean.' Even in february it was charming and elegant with a burning fireplace in the Cafe where we had our breakfast. We expected serenity and we have found it there with charm and elegance. The front desk officer Mr. Ibrahim was very helpful and respectfully attentive. He even asked whether we would have like to have packed breakfast as we were leaving before breakfast began. We had a lovely spacious room with a pool and a sea view. It was warm enough and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and we had plenty towels.
The only missing utility was a kettle with tea and coffee in the room. Facilities like spa, sauna etc. were closed. As we did not expect such services it did not bother us. We had a nice walk by the sea. We enjoyed the blooming flowers and vivid nature surrounding the hotel. It was a lovely short break from our hectic, noisy, busy city life. The hotel is 40 min. drive away from the airport. You can get in an airport taxi which costs you 130 TL one way. In a peak season (mid june till mid september) room prices are really expensive. But out of that peak summer season we think it is affordable. We surely would like to come back again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We stayed at the Divan for 6 nights at the end of September. I am not sure why some people refer to this hotel as being in Bodrum as its nearly an hours drive north of the city?

On arrival at the hotel in a taxi the exterior of the hotel has a colonial feel to it. The reception area is large with a bar area which as our visit was late in the season was closed and very dark and not very welcoming,

We were upgraded into a deluxe room on the ground floor near reception. The room was very nice and the bed was a huge! There was some fresh fruit and water in he room but this was not replenished during our stay. The bathroom is spacious with a big walk in shower double sinks etc. There was also a very good hairdryer in the wardrobe, bathrobes and slippers, plus a safe and fridge with mini bar.

The hotel pool is lovely, very big and there are nice comfortable sun loungers and umbrellas. Towels are also available pool side.

Now the description of the hotel does say it has its own private beach BUT what it doesn't tell you is that the beach is about two metres wide and the sand is always wet! I think young children would be disappointed. The is a sun bathing deck with step access into the sea, and the sea is lovely. The deck has loungers etc.

Breakfast at the Divan is buffet style and there is plenty of choice and everything is nicely presented and very fresh. Also they serve breakfast until 11.30 am which for some is a bonus!

The location of the hotel is ideal. Just a two minute stroll into the village where there is plenty of choice for restaurants. There are others hotels either side of the Divan but some were already closed for the season.

We only had dinner at the hotel on our last night and as it was cooler they had patio heaters. The food was nice and not over priced. There is also a bar and area with table and chairs which I imagine in the peak season would be very popular.

I must say having been to Turkey a lot I thought Golturkbuku was very expensive. It is mostly visited by Turkish people from Istanbul more than tourists.

Just outside the hotel there are a couple of supermarkets where you can buy water and wine etc. TAKE YOUR OWN CORKSCREW. This area is very untidy with empty bottles all over the place. I would suggest the management try and rectify this as it doesn't make a good first impression an arrival at the hotel.

Overall the Divan is very nice and I would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CopperBeacon
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We had few lunches and dinner there. Overall, the service needs to improve its effectiveness. We had to wait long time to just get the drinks while some of the waiters were idle. The dinner was ok but one of our dishes was not what we asked for and really was not worth the money. We were offered deserts for the inconvenience. Apparently there was a misunderstanding between the waiter and the kitchen! The quality of food is good in terms of cleanness and often well served but is definitely more brasserie type dishes charged at restaurant prices! Overall it is not at the same levels of quality and effectiveness than Divan's in Istanbul.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

My husband has to fly back to Istanbul today. I spent the entire day on the deck at the Beach Club. It was honestly heaven. Looked like I was sitting on a deck in St. Tropez. Later the music got a little lovely and I went to my room for a shower and to do a little reading. I then went down for dinner on the deck again. I had Fillet steak. It was probably the best steak I have every had. The owner came out to the deck to introduce himself. What a great team and spot. A rare find in this beautiful village. Thank you for making me feel so welcome and at home. I don't speak much Turkish and every one of the staff members made an effort to make me feel at home.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2016

We had a great stay at this top-notch Golturkbuku resort. As usual, the service at the Divan hotel was exceptional. The staff was very friendly and energetic; thanks to Cihan Bey, Gulnaz Hanim and Cafer Bey particularly we had a very pleasant stay. Divan Bodrum would definitely be my top choice when I go back to Bodrum.

Date of stay: August 2016