“So very Loud.......Beep Beep...Toot Toot”

Fernandina 88 Suites Hotel
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 5 June 2009

The hotel was in a good location being next to several shooping malls, but the traffic noise from 4.30am till just gone mid-night was just so bad. We stayed on the 5 floor so we should of been high enough to reduce the sound level, but how wrong I was. In general the Hotel was very clean(cleaned everyday) and the food was ok. The pool is real small but to cool down it is fine. Staff were very friendly and helpful we stayed for two weeks, but got very little sleep I have to say. So if you are going to stay, go as high as you can in the hotel and ask for a room at the rear it may help.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rigid898
There are newer reviews for Fernandina 88 Suites Hotel

Reviewed 21 March 2009

I stayed late in QC area and opted to stay in a hotel.
Accommodation per night supposedly covers welcome drinks and breakfast.

Unfortunately, the welcome drink was never served. In fact, I had to remind them about it when I was about to leave and instead of apologizing, they asked me if I want it to be served still. I said no, because it's no longer a welcome drink!

They did not have 24-hour room service so I had to go out and find a place to eat. I asked the guard who was sleeping at that time if there is any open food store or restaurant. He told me to go 3 blocks. I "obediently" walked 3 blocks only to find out that on the left side around 100 meters from the hotel, is a 24-hour fast food.

The breakfast is buffet but not very good selection though. There is no egg and if you want to order, one egg is around 80 pesos (around 2dollars).

Too pricey for an old style, outdated customer service.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2008

This hotel is a very nice location and near one of the largest malls in Manila. There are several Starbucks and restaurants within walking distance. There is a small pool on the roof, but small is the operative word. The breakfast is a little bizarre; more like a dinner with some weird meats and pastas. The rooms are clean but basic. The biggest drawback was that I could not get the internet to work and there was no hot water. I have not tried the other hotels in the area, so I am not sure what to expect from this area.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kolbinsky
Reviewed 4 May 2008

I loved this place. It was very clean, the staff was great. The place itself was in a great location.It is near EDSA that means easy access to everything. There were a lot of banks around the area all within walking distance. I loved loved loved the 2 free 1 hour body massage they give you for every 2 days you stay and can't go wrong with 2 free breakfast buffets. The pool on the roof was cool, if only they changed the cement walls to thick clear durable plastic ones so that you can take in the view while swimming or just lounging on the chairs. They even offer to give you a manicure and pedicure and also a haircut in your room all for very reasonable prices I think the manicure was like 150 pesos if the conversion is 40 pesos = 1 dollar, then its less then 4 dollars, not bad. Hair cut is like 300 pesos = 8 dollars. I stayed in their 3 bedroom hotel there were 6 of us and we stayed there very comfortably.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank loreefabulous
Reviewed 24 April 2008

I have recently returned from my trip to the Philipines, and I miss the Fernandina already. I will return later this year and stay here again. The staff was fantastic, very friendly and helpful, from room service, cleaning staff, to doormen helping with taxis. The breakfast was a joy every morning with a wonderful view of the city. The rooms were very clean and neat, and the airconditioning was flawless. I really cant say enough about the staff, who made this stay very memorable.
The malls and shopping were super within walking distance, as were the bus system where we merely walked to, for a trip to Bataangas.
We are planning on having our wedding reception here on the top floor restaurant.
I will stay here when I return

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Gary92