See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Tonight, I am meeting my friend from abroad and decided to stay in this hotel since it is closest to where my guy friend was temporarily staying.

Here's what I have to say:

Pros:
Spacious room and rest room
Very good airconditioning
Cable TV
Closest to the mall and other restos

Cons:
No elevators. Not advisable for elderly, people with disability.
You will hear the outside world from your room. Right at this very moment, there's a man singing as if he owns the world and I can literally hear him even with the TV on.
The TV is just too small for the room.

Lastly, it has not been an hour since I checked in and my legs and arms are already full of mosquito bites.

Mosquitoes everywhere! The 2090 rate per night is just not enough for the money you'd pay in the hospital because of Dengue.

Won't stay here again. I won't recommend it also.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank toysytoys
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My how this hotel has gone downhill... Stayed here several times during past visits to Manila due to its excellent location but our latest stay takes the cake.

I woke up in the middle of the night to something crawling over my face; a peek in the bathroom revealed half the population of Quezon city in cockroaches scurrying away faster than one can say "what the sisig?" It doesn't take Sherlock to figure out what gave me that peck on the cheek...and nose.

That did it for me - luckily for my wife, she was a sound sleeper.

We had booked a week's stay with them through a popular online agency (who, oddly, does not seem to publish negative reviews) in order to take advantage of their complementary night's stay offer. Long story short, the deal was not honoured despite us calling ahead to confirm our stay as well as the validity of the offer with receptionists Rosa and Elsie. Management at the hotel - whom never appeared in person - did absolutely nothing to placate returning customers through good-will for this appalling bungle.

The receptionists themselves were just as incompetent - completely uninterested in providing service and is utterly unable to placate an angry customer.

Complementary breakfast will be a point of amusement for some: One half-length sausage and a tiny portion of rice on a bare plate plus "iced tea" that could pass for instant diabetes in a glass. Don't expect paid options to be any bigger or better as it is way overpriced for what you are given - eat at the shopping centre instead if you want to experience unpretentious Filipino cuisine.

I could end the review here, however, there are some positives such as:

Great location, close to the shopping centre and the V. Mapa Light Rail station.
Great if you love nature as there will be plenty of insects in your room
Great if you like your room lime green and covered in linoleum with no natural light.
Pool was clean

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist if there are noisy, inconsiderate students staying at the hotel (plenty at most times) and ask to be roomed away from them. Alternatively, stay elsewhere and try your luck with the Filipino taxi drivers
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stevetrip_13
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The hotel rate matches with its service, specifically the coffee shop staff . this is my last time to stay in this hotel. Low room rate with low service quality. dont choose this hotel if you want to have a good day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Of course the hotel was chosen because of the strategic location. The room price is fair and also comes with breakfast. You just have to be patient in reviewing which agency to contact because the hotel does not have an official website. For three days, we stayed at the studio room at the third floor only to find out they have a mezzanine floor (which houses students on internship). That technically places our room on the "fourth floor" and we had to go through these flights of stairs because they don't have an elevator! Another that might tick you off is the service. It took us almost an hour waiting for our breakfast composed of bacon, tocino and eggs. On the second day, we decided to place our order before going down so we can have our meals on time. However, it took them longer. We even have to hail several times at the wait staff to serve coffee. Reminding them to prepare your bill and receipt before checkout is useless. If you book this hotel, reserve for a room on the first or second floor especially when traveling with children or senior citizens.

Room Tip: Book the first floor of rooms for convenience.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Alleli Jill B
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Sadly my stay in this hotel was prompted by the death of my brother last December 5. For those purposes it was an excellent place to stay--just beside Arlington Memorial Chapel in Quezon City. We stayed for 2 nights and had 3 rooms. The building is quite old and tired but revamped. But the location is so central. One hop away is the new SM Hypermart in Sta. Mesa which is a grocery surrounded by Mannhann a Chinese restaurant, and Jollibee and othe fastfoods just in and around the area within 500 meters walking distance. Cross the street for SM Sta Mesa Centerpoint where every food place is possibly located. The blankets, pillows and beds could use a make over and so does the bathroom. But it has hot water and a funny little pool tucked in the back. Not for the luxury conscious but great for the budget conscious like me. One thing though that makes up for everything? Warm and personal service! Panalo!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family