“Hell Hole!”

Ranked #17 of 74 Manila B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Hell Hole!”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I am actually too drained by the whole experience of dealing with the Malate Pensionne's despicable group of staff to actually write a particularly insightful review. However, it would suffice to say that i would never wish a night spent in this place on anyone I have ever met.

Cockroaches, bed bugs, hookers, ridiculously loud air-con, aforementioned unfriendly, intimidating and downright aggressive staff......the list goes on.

AVOID!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Tom H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I was pleasantly surprised of my stay at the Melate Pensionne which was referred to me from a well traveled person. This building has plenty of hardwoods and character. For the price of the stay and the location(right within walking distance to most attractions), it will be and is very hard to beat. What I liked most was the friendliness of the entire staff. They will make you feel safe and well informed of your surroundings. My two drivers from the hotel(Henry and June) are very down to earth and very helpful as well as likable. Mila who runs the place is like a mother who's got your back for whatever you need. My only quirks is that some rooms may be a little noisy because of the hardwood floorings. Besides that, I enjoyed my stay and will not complain. I got a good stay for a bargain/budget price.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the staircases for more privacy
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Norman L
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The rooms do look nice at first glance. As does the whole place. But the bed might be in my top 3 worst beds ever. Really hard and with the bed spirals poking in my back. I wished I just paid a little extra and had a good night sleep at another place. So won't be back probably...But I guess it is an OK place if you're on a budget and like meeting other people and don't care to much about comfort.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Jasmijn A
Barcelona
Reviewed 26 November 2011

The worst that can happen during a trip. There were bedbugs in our room. Horrible. There is a build site beside.

After the discover of the bedbugs we had to throw a lot of things and laundry of everything

• Stayed November 2011

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This "trip" was geared to boost my airline "frequent-miler" status. My loyalty to one airline paid off when I purchased a "LAX-NRT-MNL-NRT-LAX" that guaranteed my miler-status. Malate Pensionne in Manila was the "travel point" location that would enhanced the most miles. (Malate Pensionne does not give out "award miles"). Being an "Angeleno" on a budget & to my "surprise", my 3 night stay @ Malate Pensionne was 'THE BEST". With proper planning with the reigning "Queen" of all the Manila "Pensionnes", Madam Mila Menicable, info@mpensionne.com, will assist & tailor your needs to your budget. (be aware of some "low beams"). The Pensionne took care of my airport pick-up, my impromptu "meeting" in Paranaque City, 3 hour drive to Penaranda, Nueva Ecija & etc.......

Room Tip: Check out the "executive rooms"....
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank mrleslie
Malate P, General Manager at Malate Pensionne, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
We look forward to your return visit two weeks from now and thank you for making Malate Pensionne your home when in Manila. Wishing you a safe and pleasant trip.