Lowest prices for your stay
USD 49
PricelineUSD 55
Booking.comUSD 52
Trip.comUSD 49
1,334 results
All reviews bukit bintang boutique hotel swimming club walking distance infinity pool petronas towers monorail station welcome drink public transport netflix grab
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2019 via mobile

Book this hotel this time around based on the ratings but very disappointed to say that it is way overrated and not worth the money. Have stayed in better hotels in KL at the same rate.

The hotel is small compared to the same value hotels around KL. The outlook is old and no proper driveway to receive guest. You have to park your vehicle on your own. Seen a lot of guest walking in and dragging their luggage from the main toad which is about 50m away.

The lobby area was disappointing compared to what you see in the photos. The carpet of the upper floor lobby to our room was very dirty with a lot of stain marks and dirt on it.

The room aircon was not functioning properly. The room was not cool even after several hours. Imagine waking up at 3am perspiring. The rooms were not as indicated, floor was dusty. Room service is limited based on menu & timing.

Breakfast was ok, morning staff was courteous.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank satwantpool
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

Promo price made it a good deal for this room type, well located in Bukit Bintang. Very convenient. Room content was great and very clean. Large digital TV but limited number of channels with average picture quality. Netflix is available in HD but it can buffer at night (ok during the day).
The windows are soundproof for a good night sleep, however you may hear a bit the neighbors if they speak very loud.
Breakfast is nice and large enough (1 fresh juice would be appreciated though),Teh Tarik is also available.
The overall design is well done for a boutique-hotel style.
The gym and swimming pool are not big but it's good enough for recreational purpose.
2 thinks to improve:
Most of the staff at the reception are excellent, we just got one during check-in who wasn't that welcoming in handling our matters.
I mentioned how clean the rooms are, so are the lifts and reception hall. However it was quite shocking to see the dirty carpet once the lift opened the doors at our room floor. In 3 days it hadn't been vacuumed. Simple to do during non-peak hours to avoid disturbing clients. Without this issue I would have given a 5*.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sektao
Reviewed 21 August 2019

It was my very first time to Kuala Lumpur (KL) (I visited the Legoland in Johor Bahru a few years ago though) and I felt like this was the hotel for me. Although there're many high-end hotels in KL, I believe that The Kuala Lumpur Journal (The KL Journal) is one of its kind and is very comfortable, making me feel like arriving at home every night we returned from the city center.

Located in the bustling Bukit Bintang, we could easily find ourselves lost around because The KL Journal was not a very high-rise structure and there're many little lanes and streets in the area. But I think that this makes an advantage for the hotel because it'd be less noisy at night (there're occasional parties on the Terrace though). Given its prime location in the heart of the town, it's not difficult to search for foods and treats, as well as shopping hot-spots nearby. It was a really nice experience to stay near to some residential neighborhoods to look at the authentic KL life.

Back to the hotel itself, we were, honestly, a bit upset to be assigned to a room on the second floor, which is right atop the Terrace where night parties are held. Unfortunately, we encountered these parties on the second day of our stay. It was a little noisy downstairs, but not disturbing really. We slept well with the noises down started fading away as the day drew to an end. The beds were comfortable and I enjoyed my sleeps which were well air-conditioned. I appreciate how they would let you choose if you want to have the bedding changed due to environmental concerns. You would simply put the card on the bed and the staff member would leave your bed as it was when you woke up. There was a nice TV hung on the clean wall. We could watch some local and international TV shows and movies. I spotted that they had Netflix too! Although we didn't use that function, I think it's genuinely nice of them to have Netflix included. Below the TV was a small desk with one chair. Its design was modern and I like that. The water bottle would be refilled every day and it was of great service. There's only one minor thing that I must report that the showering water wasn't warm enough. I wasn't sure if this was also an environmental issue, but I didn't feel so good to have my showers completed in cold water. And I believe that the shower head was a bit too big that I had a hard time dealing with it. It would be awesome if the water could be hotter and the shower head could be more user-friendly. But in overall, the room where we stayed was brilliant. Relaxing view looking over the streets and the small park through our window!

The service was just as great as the room was. We were welcomed by a very handsome man on the first day and my mother said he was like Cristiano Ronaldo! (Now, this is just my mom's view. There wasn't any Ronaldo, at least not the soccer player, at The KL Journal.) He was a charming guy who appeared to smile all the time and we were 100% pleased by his service. The other staff members were helpful and friendly too. The breakfast served at the hotel was amazing. They switched the menu from time to time so there's more flexibility. There may not be a wide range of food options, but for us, the amount was just right and we were always full in the morning during our trip. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and it seemed that our fellow travelers enjoyed their breakfasts very much too! Therefore, the breakfast was another remarkable thing about The KL Journal.

Last but not least, they have a tiny but marvelous swimming pool on the very top floor of the building. It was of great fun to swim leisurely and enjoy the sunset with my father. However, it got breezy that day and Dad suggested we leave earlier as he was feeling quite cold. It was a shame that I couldn't stay longer at this wonderful pool! The view by the edge of the pool was simply spectacular and I didn't want to leave at all.

So yeah, it was an unforgettable experience with The Kuala Lumpur Journal during my family's time in Kuala Lumpur. It just felt so happy to walk into the lobby of the hotel every night seeing the familiar workers who were, although busy, greeting us well. It made me feel like I was back home in a foreign country. But you guys really need to think about the shower water and the shower head! Otherwise, it was fantastic and I'm looking forward to my next stay here when I come to KL again.

Room tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter because they're farther away from the Terrace.
3  Thank CuriousBoy317
Reviewed 18 August 2019

Great location, great price, friendly employees, very comfortable room. Within ten minutes walk to Pavillion mall and Jalan Alor, twenty to KLCC. Plenty of eateries near by.Would recomend this hotel to anyone visiting KL

Room tip: choose a higher floor. Ours was on second floor and overlooked the service area of neighbouring houses.
2  Thank sabrinafelicia
Reviewed 12 August 2019

The location of the hotel is fantastic! It is walking distance to the major shopping malls in Bukit Bintang (Lot 10, Farenheight 88 and Pavillion), as well as the Jalon Alor food markets, Chankat nightlife area, the Hop on Hop Off bus stop as well as other public transport. There is also a stop for the free KL Go bus about 50m from the hotel.

The room was lovely and clean, plenty of space, nice shower, iron and ironing board, safe, large bottle of free filtered water each day and they even left a little surprise of balloons and cake on my birthday (at the request of my husband).

The included breakfast was great!! I went at 17 weeks pregnant and was quite careful with what I was eating, but the buffet was kept fresh (selection of cereals, asian foods, cheeses, toasts and croissants among other things) and all eggs and other dishes are available to be ordered on request as part of the ala carte menu which was perfect! They were very accomodating with my requests to have the egg cooked through etc.

We stayed 4 nights and loved it, would definitely be back! My only feedback was that we weren't provided enough information on check in - we weren't told about the amenities like the gym, or that there was a welcome drink available at the pool (we discovered this on our last day after paying for all our drinks) or what time breakfast was etc. but everything else was perfect!

2  Thank neetbix