“Worth it”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Fitness Center
Lobby
Entrance
Street
The signage of the apartment
The exterior outlook of the building
The main entrance of the building
Master bedroom
Bathtub shower master room
2nd bedroom
Kitchen - 2 door fridge, microwave, toaster, sandwich maker, utensils etc
Sitting Hall
A decent outdoor pool
Restaurants & pubs Jln Changkat Bkt Bintang - 10mins walk
The famous eataries Jln Alor - 10mins walk
Night view from the sitting hall
Day view from the sitting hall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ShankerA1...
“Worth it”
Reviewed 16 October 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Good place to stay at the centre of Kuala Lumpur near to places like iconic twin tower etc. Bill was a good host.

snowyandj...
Perth, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This apartment looks great in the photos but didn't deliver in person. It is in a good area for walking or taking public transport to all the attractions and shopping. The views from all the windows were really good as its on a high floor. We were glad to have a bedroom each but my sister and I were very disappointed in the general furnishings bedding crockery and cutlery etc. We knew it was not 5 star, but at least expected things to be a bit nicer and updated. Things like the dishcloth and pot scrubber were old and well used. It would only take a few inexpensive touches to make this apartment so much nicer,but it was overall very unappealing.
The other thing we were not happy about was that one of the main reasons we booked it was because it had a pool. It was closed for maintenance! We do realise this was not a fault of the owner but disappointing anyway.
We checked out the next day.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Sep 2016
Dear guests, TQ for your review.
1. I have emphasized that my apt isn't of luxury type. Basic but acceptable by most travelers. The most important points to me are the cleanliness & apt's strategic location. At my price, it's never on the high side. A budget hotel room at this location is about the price of a room in this apt, yet my apt provides the space & privacy to the guests.
2. Swimming pool closure is beyond my control. As long it's NOT on a scheduled maintenance, I cannot inform you in advance.
3. Lastly, even you had checked out earlier, I will not bow to your threatening email to give me a bad review on the website if a private refund is not arranged. My advise, please don't book anymore private vacation apt in your next travel.
Sam S
“Old Apartment”
Reviewed 19 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I agree with most of the reviewers that Bill is a very nice host. We did not have much interaction with the host during our one week stay in this apartment. The first thing you notice as soon as enter the apartment is a strong smell of mothballs and an old apartment, although it is very clean. The plus point is it's location and it is close to everything as mentioned by some other visitors. And the negative point is it's location as this apartment is located in a smelly area. There are gutters in the front street and rats roaming around this building at night. Smell from gutters can make you vomit especially after rain as most of these are only covered with metal bars. Overall, it was not a bad stay although in future I would prefer staying in other area.

Liked best: Cleanliness
Liked least: Old apartment, mothballs smell, smelly area
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
19 Apr 2016
Dear guests,
1. I think maybe I had placed too many mothballs before you checked in.
2. I also switched on the aircond late that day, so you smelt the strong smell of the mothballs and I am sorry for that.
3. This apt is surrounded by a 4 star hotel -- the Hotel Istana & some old dwelling flats. The surrounding area is not a highly posh area, however it is serene, safe & convenient for a short term stay. At all main streets, I am pretty sure hardly you will come across a rat, so I am rather surprised on what your had experienced. Moreover, another 4 star Park Royal Serviced Suite is hardly 50 meters away, so I think the area should not be as "smelly" as you have described. Anyway, this area is definitely can be improved better. Lastly, I hope you had enjoyed your holidays in Kuala Lumpur.
shals27
New Zealand
“Great Value for Money”
Reviewed 10 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Bill is fantastic, made contact upon completion of confirmed travel dates, a week before arrival and a day before to make sure if we needed anything prior to arrival.
The apartments really is in a fantastic location and very close to transportation and shopping district. We had no problems with the apartment, nothing fancy but very comfortable. Beds were very comfortable but do not have a top sheet, so if you prefer to sleep in between sheets you will need to bring a flat sheet with you.
We also caught the pre book taxi at the airport which cost $75 MYR one way.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Upstairs tenants
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ExplorerN...
Seattle, Washington
“Clean. Great value. Will stay again when in KL”
Reviewed 28 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

Bill is the best host you can imagine. He greeted us at the apartment when we arrived and made sure everything was good for us. He was also quick to reply to any questions we had before and during the trip.

The location is great. You can walk to everything and are surrounded by great food. The apartment is right behind Hotel Istana.

I wear white socks inside. In many other places we have stayed, the quickly get dingy. Bill keeps this apartment very clean. My socks stayed white!

This apartment made our stay in KL a great one.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing