ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur
USD 91*
USD 77*
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral(Kuala Lumpur)
USD 79*
USD 72*
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
USD 89*
USD 71*
USD 110*
USD 83*
  • Restaurant
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
USD 82*
USD 67*
Agoda.com
USD 115*
USD 109*
Great 4.5/5
Dorsett Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
USD 86*
USD 77*
Very Good 4/5
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
USD 166*
USD 131*
Great 4.5/5
Ramada Suites Kuala Lumpur City Centre(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
USD 103*
3,646 results
All reviewsorchid clubpark royal hotelbukit bintangfamily suitesungei wangberjaya times squaredeluxe roommonorail stationexcellent locationwalking distancemajor shoppingstayed here for nightsbuffet breakfastcentral locationfood courtchinese restaurantgolden triangle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We are staying at the Park Royal for the third time and it is still a great place to stay, the location is fantastic and the breakfast in the lower lobby is still one of the best around. Our room was a little tired, needed a paint and the furniture was chipped. The service doesn't seem to be up to the same excellent standard as the other times we have stayed there. Overall a great location and we will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Let's start by checking in:
We arrived at 3pm to check in; it took approx. 30 min to go through paperwork, didn't understand why a " run of mill" check in needed to take that long. I realised that we were dealing with a whole counter of trainee receptionists. Even though we were awarded with a fruit punch, the room was not ready until past 4pm!! Although, official check in was 2pm.
The room, one of the two rooms we were given was the smallest room on the floor, although we booked two equal type / size rooms.....we were either lucky to get a bigger one or duped to get the smaller one??!! never mind! The shower cubicle in the smaller room was filthy, mouldy and unhygienic. I hated my daily shower during my stay.
Using the phone in the room, asked the operator for instructions to phone a local number, was baffled to be told to come downstairs and needed to pay RM150 in advance as a deposit before making the call??!! Any unused money would be refunded upon checking out, never heard anything like this before! So I just dismissed this assertion. Later, when I was down at the concierge for something else and took the opportunity to confirm about the phone charges, was told no such thing, just dial 8 before the number!! Like every other hotels! So I did, no RM150 deposit.
I was wondering if they knew what they were doing or just bluffed their way along!
Hence, the title of this review amateurish hotel.
Other than the initial hiccups, the breakfasts were good, service in the Chatz restaurant was good...
Would I recommend friends to stay? I would give a balanced view!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Melbtrave
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here twice during our trip, the first time we stayed our room was a bit bigger and had a better bathroom. The hotel is decent and at a good price but could use some renovations as age is starting to catch up to it. The location is fine, near the metro, restaurants and shopping but it is far from the airport as are most of the hotels in KL. I would stay here again as the rooms were fine and the service was good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erinm512017
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel is ok. We stayed in the orchid club. The room was nice but the service isn't. The breakfast isn't that good either, there seems to be alot of food but not much choice. This hotel is in a good location and the only reason I would go back.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just stayed for 3 nights in the Orchid Club Premium King room. We had expected a spacious room, and the corner room allocated to us way exceeded our expectations. Orchid Club staff were all very friendly and approachable, and the complimentary daily evening cocktail at the Club Lounge was great. The staff were all very attentive to our needs, and every one greeted us with a smile, including the security personnel at the Lower Ground level. Excellent service.

We skipped the breakfast at Club Lounge as we had heard that the spread wasn't that great. We had our daily breakfast at Chatz Brassiere, and the food was fantastic! We often stuffed ourselves so full that we found ourselves still full in the evening, even though it was time for dinner. Their scrambled eggs were one of the best that I've ever had.

The daily turndown in the evening was really appreciated. It was lovely to be back in the hotel room after a long day walking around in KL, and to find chocolates on our bed. The quality of the mattress was also very good - not too hard, but not too soft either. Just perfect for us.

Oh, and the sound isolation wasn't so bad in the room. Our fifth level corner room faced the terribly busy junction where one would cross over to Berjaya Times Square, and we had slept without any problems during the three nights when we were there.

I don't know about other types of room in Parkroyal KL, but the Orchid Club rooms are really worth it. I would definitely be back next time if my budget allows.

Room Tip: Choose a club room if your budget allows. Worth every single cent.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple