Open today: 9:30 am - 4:15 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$27.65
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience National Planetarium
from AU$27.65
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Location is pinned wrongly , wasted my time walking around and no one seems to know this thing exist .

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

It was a first for me and my family. A good experience. Viewed Planet Jupiter and the stars. It has an observatory deck, a theater and many more. We had fun. Would definitely visit again.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The Planetarium is located on a small hill in near the Bird Park and Lake Garden area. It is educational and also could get fun. It shows the astronomy, the earlier tools used to discover space history (in 4D) and the Malaysian history.
Anti-gravity room was found and many kids were there. The staff were helpful. It takes about 2 – 3 hours if you see it fully.
If you wish to come to Sri Lanka, I (top 10 contributor) can help you if you inform me through the message box, found in the pop up, got by clicking my profile photo or “Level 6 Contributor” displayed with this review.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank 838titusd
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The 'museum' area is quite basic with all of the information being very surface-level, seemingly aimed at very young children with no aspiration of piquing the interest of adults or older students.

I was very disappointed by the lack of detail about satellites etc considering the materials and funding at their disposal.

The actual planetarium itself is quite impressive though. It is free just to wander through the museum.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2017

It may certainly give some ideas about the universe and explanation around it, but it certainly wasn't overwhelming. I am quite sure KL could do better than that! On the other hand, hardly any information in English. So, not worth if you don't speak Malay. Yet, on the other hand, the bird park just around the corner is absolutely lovely!

Date of experience: February 2017