“Great French restaurant”

Ranked #239 of 4,050 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: USD 40 - USD 80
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Esher, Surrey
“Great French restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We visited here for the New Years Eve party. They had a set menu which was wonderful - arguably the best beef I've ever eaten. Service was excellent, great food and atmosphere. We had a great view of the fireworks. I would highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BaldyO

• Korean first
Shanghai
“Still the best French restaurant in KL after almost one year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Last time I visited was when it was newly opened but this time when I returned last week, it was during ramadan so it was quiet. However, it was nice because I got to talk to the French head chef, whom I found out worked in many Michelin starred restaurants in France and talked about his passion for excellence in food. Was amazing experience.
I had a lamb dish and it was a melt in your mouth experience. The foie gras terrine was another ultimate appetizer experience and chef even gave me a tip to how I can make it at home. Of course, it won't taste the same.
Cost was fraction of what it would cost in France but the food was in par with any of the Michellin starred restaurants in Europe. I will definitely visit next time I am in KL.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shanghaijules
PAris, Philadelphia
“Finally a true French restaurant abroad...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I am a French guy travelling globally and my rule is to NEVER eat in French (or Italian) restaurants during my trips, which is a sure recipe for disappointment. I made an exception thanks to a friend of mine who recommended this place and went there for the Sunday brunch. What a pleasant surprise! Perfect location, superb house, exquisite welcome, efficient service, and even more importantly, food that tastes (and is) real. The budget is in accordance and this is not really a place for foodies who prefer "globalized" French cuisine... But to all other, do not hesitate!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Foodie_USA_FR
Houston, Texas
“Hidden Gem for French Food in KL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I am surprised by any negative reviews of this place, I've dined twice in the past two months at Maison Francaise and both times the food and service were excellent. (And I've lived in France!) First visit was for Sunday brunch. Was pleasantly surprised when we were ordering as we didn't have to select courses from the menu- we were presented with plates of everything, family style! It was nice to be able to try everything. Our second visit was for dinner. This time we all chose one of the set menus. And yet again the food and service was wonderful. The wine selection was great too. The location on a quiet street also makes it feel as if you are escaping the busy city. Very romantic. Oh, and you must get the passion fruit souffle for dessert, it was heavenly!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mvmalli
Province of Barcelona, Spain
“Simply not that good at much, but nice house”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Having seen some decent reviews, and looking at the nicely presented building from the outside, I decided to take my wife to Maison Francaise for her birthday. It was a Saturday evening and the restaurant was strangely rather empty - 2-3 tables occupied only. We sat outside on the balcony which was reasonably nice. Service was not easy; certainly considering the prices you'd expect significantly better. The team did not appear cohesive nor very well trained. But the food was the greatest disappointment. 'Fine dining' is not a label you can really apply here. Clearly that's the intention, but honestly it is nowhere near that standard. More of a pretentious attempt. Quality of raw materials is questionable - the steak, despite the price, was below average even for KL (and even for non-fine-dining places). And the asparagus appetiser was rather comically presented as though my 6 year old had tried to plate a dish. If fine-dining is what you want, there are plenty of other really good restaurants in KL with consistently good quality food and service. This place is best avoided unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for disappointing food and average (at best) service.

• Visited April 2013