3,621 results
All reviews the club lounge essence restaurant villa danieli celestial court monorail station quill city mall walk in wardrobe spg member petronas towers chinese restaurant star hotel bukit bintang spacious room buffet breakfast golden triangle concierge ellie
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Hotel was what I had expected from Sheraton except better - especially in the area of service day to day but also in an exceptional situation when I checked out to travel outside KL and realized 2 days later when I was back in KL to fly back to cold Europe that I left my coat behind in Sheraton room. It has been handled very well and efficiently by the Hotel Lost and Found and I recovered my coat before I flew to Europe.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PragueSightseer
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We had emailed them advising that we would be arriving from a long haul trip and would be early and give them their due, one room was ready when we arrived. However, the children's room was ready well after check-in time of 3pm - close enough to 6 and that was after many phone calls to them to ask.

The room we had smelt of smoke but the children's was fine (we had interconnecting rooms). Also, the corridor smelt of smoke the whole time. The rooms were a great size and had everything you needed - they were kept well stocked with water too.

The pool area was lovely but the service wasn't crash hot - had to go and look for someone to get a drink............

The b'fast buffet was wonderful - better than the lunch buffet I'd say!

The hotel on the whole had a good feel to it although you would be better off staying in the KLCC area. Also, on a weekend until 3am all you hear is the annoying boom boom of the bass of the club downstairs so stay elsewhere at weekends!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PinkDiamondKT
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I used to stay quite often at the Imperial Kuala Lumpur when it was a Luxury Collection with Starwood...after a few years having defected to the Westin KL, my sister & I decided to go back to the now Sheraton category Imperial for a re-try. What a terrible mistake. When we booked the hotel we BOOKED a Twin on the Executive Club level as we were brother / sister, however on check in, they allocated us a KING. Surely now that everything is done on the net, the request is as specific as can be...but no...looks like the rooms division / front office can't seem to read simple English. Again, we are technically repeat guests...so when we questioned why they did not refer to the guest history...the receptionist said..."What's that ?" After a lot of negotiation, the Exec Club offered to move us. Now this is techinically a pretty minor interference.. Was also quite disappointed to find out that the Exec Club level decanters all their liquor into nameless bottles...to the point when I was thinking instead of gin or vodka, I could have been drinking kerosene or menthylated spirits. Also what was most significant of all was when my sister & I used the Exec Club lounge individually at different times, some of the staff were huddled in the back television area...cross legged - sitting on the floor - watching televesion !! This not just happen when my sister randomly used the lounge...it also happened to me when I walked into the lounge on a different time and day... Perhaps now that the Imperial has fallen into the general Sheraton category that perhaps these actions were condoned ? Last but not least, when I needed to post two items in the mail, the concierge, a man called Sara took the mail and quoted me RM2.30...so I gave him RM 3....lo behold, he wouldn't give me the change. When I questioned him he said..."Sorry lah...no coins here lah..." So I replied..."So you are too lazy to walk barely 2 metres away to the receiption desk to get the change ?? " He then succumbed to digging around in drawers until he found the appropriate change. Now I understand that is is only RM0.70 change...but golly...that is certainly not the point ! At this point I said to my sister..."Oh my God I think I have made a HUGE mistake by booking this hotel. You'd expect this attitude from the W Hotel on Lexington Ave NYC... but in warm hospitality Malaysia ? Makes me now think that the entire staff are just untrustworthy and scammers... Now.. I am not being a drama queen whinging about banalities...but after staying in quite a few 5 star hotels in my time, I certainly don't expect to see Exec Club staff sitting cross legged and watching tv on the floor...let alone the concierge being too complacent to bother with minute change. All in all, the two people who were the most helpful was Reen & his manager Suchada who did an excellent job trying to accommodate us. So hands up to them...and hopefully the rest of the hotel staff should follow their lead on what hospitality is all about.

• Stayed: January 2011
10  Thank Prepenultimate
SIKL, Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2011

Hi Prepenultimate. Thank u for your feedback. We regret your negative experiences & are looking at this matter. We hope to connect with u separately to extend our apologies.

Best Regards,
Sheraton Imperial KL Team

Reviewed 9 February 2011

We stayed in a Club room for 3 nights. Check-in was quite slow, the front desk staff neither very efficient or friendly, at least not in line with our expectations, based on the raving reviews here on Tripadvisor or expectations of a luxury hotel in general. We were not shown to a room but had to find it ourselves, which I normally don't mind at all but in this context it seemed a bit careless.

The room itself was well equipped, with everything you might need. Wifi is 50 RM per 24 hours, which I must say I find quite ridiculous, especially considering the connection was quite slow. When will luxury hotels learn to offer free wifi?

The club lounge itself was fine, but rather small. At peak hours it couldn't accommodate all the guests and tables had to be shared, which was quite embarrassing and at the same time ironic as well, considering most luxury hotels promote a club lounge and level as something more exclusive. Service at the club lounge was excellent though, especially compared to the front desk staff. Breakfast in the Club Lounge was satisfactory, plenty of choice and overall good quality of the foods presented.

The pool area was nice but again felt a bit cramped, perhaps because it was quite crowded every time we were there. Around the pool there were around 20-25 beds which I think is a bit too modest for such a large hotel, needless to say there were all occupied most of the time.

Location is ok, the monorail is quite convenient, but in the immediate area of the hotel there's not much to see or do.

Overall, we paid a very reasonable price and I think the Sheraton offered us good value for money. However, competition of luxury hotels in KL is fierce and next time we will definitely try another hotel in a more central location with hopefully better service and a nicer pool area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elyke1234
Reviewed 8 February 2011

The hotel is very well located, just minutes walk from the Monorail station (covered walkway from the forecort of the hotel), it is within very easy reach of all the local attractions. The Petronas Towers are just a stop away (within 15 minutes of leaving our room we were taking pictures) The rooms are very well decorated and furnished to a high standard. Bathroom is large and with many good quality toiletries. The shower in our room was not so powerful and a little difficult to control temperature but nevertheless it didnt really cause any problems.
We werent bowled over by fantastic customer service in this hotel I have to say. All staff were polite and friendly however nothing out of the ordinary.
We didnt eat here so it is impossible to comment.
Sheraton have a nice touch, appearing in most of the SPG properties now, 'Link at Sheraton', this is a small business centre type area in the lobby where they have complimentary internet access (if you want to connect your own laptop you can) or you can use their own, very high spec computers for uploading photos to share with friends etc. A very nice touch.
The spa is also very relaxing, they have a sauna, outdoor pool, steam room, jacuzzi's and many treatments on offer. The hotel always felt very safe and secure.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends