“Nightclub Spoiled Stay”

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #27 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The hotel is ideally located with a monorail stop (Medan Tuanku) on its doorstep as well as a Rapid station (Dang Wangi) within 5mins walk away. The rooms are spacious with super comfy beds. The breakfast choice is huge, and there are half a dozen PCs to use in the lobby if you’re like us and don’t travel with a laptop.

Would be 5/5 if it wasn’t for the fact there is a night club somewhere in the building which made our windows vibrate and the thud-thud-thud meant 3 nights of interrupted sleep. We were on the 29th floor. After the first night of noise we were moved to another room, but very reluctantly by the reception staff. While the room was at the other side of the building it was still on the 29th floor and it made little difference to the noise levels from the nightclub. Great hotel spoiled by the noise.

1  Thank GirlandBoy
Write a ReviewReviews (3,436)

Reviewed 4 October 2010

After our first stay in September 2009 (myself, husband and our daughter) I couldn't wait to go back to The Sheraton Imperial. Everything was just as I remembered, if not better this time. We (three females - myself and two sisters-in-law) arrived at around 8.30am, after an 8hr overnight flight from Melbourne, with the intention of dropping our luggage as check-in was not until 3pm. To our absolute delight, our Deluxe Suite was ready and we were escorted directly to our Suite where check-in took place. Sadly, I didn't take note of the lovely lady's name who checked us in but she was very, very friendly and ever so helpful when explaining what our stay included.

After freshening up, we went to the Executive Club Lounge where Reen promptly made us a beautiful, piping hot coffee and even though breakfast was being cleared, he magically arrived back at our table with the most beautiful pastries and cakes for us to enjoy with our coffee. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff in the Executive Club. The Manager of the Club is a stunning woman who has her staff completely organised and in control - nothing was ever a problem and without hovering over you, they always seemed to be "just there" when you needed them.

Our room attendants were simply amazing. After a long day's shopping, we always returned to a spotless room and they were also very, very friendly and always had a big smile whenever we saw them in the passage. They should be very, very proud of the wonderful, and important, job that they do!

On the odd occasion that we did have a question for the Concierge desk (we tried to do it all ourselves - and managed quite well I might add!!!!) they were very, very helpful and gave very clear instruction and advice.

The staff at the entrance to the Hotel were just gorgeous (hello Tasa!!!!). Whenever we were heading out they discreetly asked where we were going and always had a tip for us, be it as simple as "make sure you keep you bag close to you" and the like. They were always so friendly upon our arrival at the end of a long day and it made our return after a long day's shopping a bit of fun.

Some people may comment that the Sheraton's location is a bit too far away from the City Centre but I would have to disagree (just my opinion). You have the luxury of the monorail (Medan Tuanku) approx 1-2 minutes walk away and the train (Dang Wangi) approx 3-5 minutes walk away. There was NEVER an issue with regard to getting around, and there were also many, many taxis at the Hotel. Another great advantage regarding location, is that it's in very, very easy walking distance to Sogo and the shopping area surrounding this complex. It's also an easy walk to the Post Office (which was great given we were each carrying approx 6 - 8.5kg of "bits and bobs" to post home.

Now to my favourite area of the Hotel - Essence. This is where we were lucky enough to enjoy breakfast every morning (we stayed for 8 nights). Every morning we were greeted by the beautiful Sinta with her gorgeous smile and attention to detail - her memory is marvellous and each day she always sat us in a different area so that we got to experience the whole restaurant. I was lucky enough to renew my friendship with Selvadorai Muniandy whom I met last year. This young man is wonderful. He's so, so friendly, has a huge smile and fantastic people skills - not to mention he's an excellent chef as well. I also got to reacquaint with Rose Hew who "runs the show". She does an amazing job and has the best sense of humour but still remains so professional. Other staff who work at Essence who were just great are Siti (best coffee ever!) Beny (equal best coffee ever!), Fairoz and last, but certainly not least, the Executive Chef - Rajesh Kanna. I hope the Sheraton Imperial realise how lucky they are to have this wonderful man in their employ. He's so, so busy overseeing and cooking etc but still has the time to chat with the Hotel guests and offer expert advice. We feel very lucky to have met him and value the friendship we made. I must say that ALL of the staff who work in Essence are amazing. The wonderful men on the juice bar, the staff who work at the "pastry spiral" and all of the staff "buzzing around" who keepeverything under control but still have time for a BIG friendly smile.

I can thoroughly recommend the restaurants within the Hotel - Villa Danieli has the best Italian food outside of Italy, the Essence buffet in the evening is fabulous and great value and the Chinese restaurant leaves you wanting more. And, the Pavilions lounge is a great place to "tap your toes" and have a refreshing/relaxing drink.

Overall, I love this Hotel. I'm so happy we discovered it last year and I cannot wait to return again in September 2011.

Ooops, very special mention as well to Ms Jasmin Noordin, Ms Jane Lee, Ms Sharon Yoon and Ms Chris Chang who were ever so patient with my never-ending questions. I hope you all get to have a holiday in August 2011 in readiness for my holiday in September 2011.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TracieLee48
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Having stayed in many hotels around Malaysia and frequently been let down on their claims of 4 or 5 star I was a little dubious about this KL hotel. But from the moment we walked in until the time we checked out it truly was a little peace of heaven.

The staff were some of the friendliest I've ever encountered and at check in we were offered an upgrade to use the executive lounge which was fab. Complimentary soft drinks and nibbles during the day and alcoholic drinks from 5pm all with a gorgeous view of the city.

Every member of staff we spoke to was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. The room was SUPER comfortable - spacious, fully stocked, sparkling clean, sleep perfect bed and an amazing view of the Petronas Towers.

Location wise it is right next to Heritage Row which has some really good restaurants and bars. Otherwise its just a short taxi ride to the Petronas Towers (and the hotel uses its own cabs so no bartering and hassle and they actually work out cheaper than picking up one of the old bangers on the street!).

We didn't use the spa so I can't comment on that but the pool area is really nice - lots of comfy beds to lounge on and a cocktail bar and restaurant up there too. Lovely.

I will definitely be going back to this hotel and couldn't recommend it more. Completely and utterly loved it. Huge thumbs up for the Sheraton Imperial and all of its wonderful workers.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2010

As you would expect from a Sheraton hotel plus a little more. Room was massive and bed wide enough for the 7 dwarves. Room facilities excellent with all you could need. Deluxe tower view had:- Spacious fridge, kettle and coffee/coffee mugs, unlimited complimentary bottled water, iron/board, huge TV, huge bathroom, slippers, robe, internet cable (costs 58 RM per 24 hrs), VGA socket on wall for putting PC thru' TV, Useable AV socket on side of TV, etc, etc.. Hotel food was very good. We arrived 01:00 and still got a restaurant meal. Italian Restaurant on 5th floor was exceptional, and not just for Asia. Top quality Italian food with a Michelin starred chef. Great cocktail bar with live music 6 days a week. Hotel staff were very, very friendly, polite and helpful. Couldn't do enough for you. KL is a great city to visit but the standard of the hotel made that extra bit of difference. I would recommend to anyone. The only negative I could say is that there is a night club, either in the hotel or close by and the thud, thud, thud did penetrate the room, even up on the 31st floor. Only a problem if you're a really light sleeper...... or not drunk enough.

Sheraton is in the Golden Triangle area. Transport around the city is so cheap and easy that anywhere near the centre is ideal. The Sheraton had a monorail station right outside and a Rapid (underground) station less the 500 yards away. There is a supermarket (Olives) close by and a selection of good restaurants and bars. Getting to Bukit Bintang (main eatery/drinkery area) is 10 mins on monorail and costs less than 30 pence each way. Even the taxi's are mega cheap compared to UK. If not staying at Sheraton, I believe anywhere around KLCC, Bukit Bintang or Chinatown is good too. Although Chinatown may be a hotel star or two less.

Transport around the city is one of the easiest places I've been. Very generally speaking, there is a monorail that cuts the city North West to South East and a tube line (Rapid) that cuts the city North East to South West. By luck, the cross over point is close to Sheraton hotel. Both services are safe, clean, regular, uncrowded (even at rush hour) and incredibly cheap. Other than that, Taxi's are also very cheap and (sometimes) clean. There are 2 types:- Premier, which usually sit outside nice hotels and are blue. These are very clean and decent cars. They usually have a working meter so no chance of being ripped off. And then there's 'Budget' taxi's, which are red. These are a little less 'premier' and rarely have meters that work (or brakes, seat belts, etc..) Surprisingly these are no cheaper than the blue taxi's and you HAVE to agree a price before you get in.

Several excellent shopping malls from 'fake DVD's and watches' to Cartier, Prada, etc.. I would definitely recommend getting into Central Market. A tourist spot but still relatively cheap with some excellent products. Also, Times Square in Bukit Bintang for 100's of shops to look round.

An abundance of top restaurants all round the city. I would recommend the food courts in the shopping malls if on a budget / lunch / in a hurry / like to look before you eat. In particular, the food court beneath Pavilion shopping centre in Bintang Walk.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Wonderfull hotel and great pool no one will disturb you recomend the wod pizza from pool restaurant.
Had Spa at leval 5 'mandara spa' is the best in the world i guess so.
Breakfast at level 1 outstanding with live juice station and freshly bakery that make my day. Free internet at Sheraton link is bonus on my stay.

We will b back........see aya.