USD 90
USD 93
USD 88
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
USD 104
USD 94
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 235
USD 205
3,564 results
All reviewsthe club loungeessence restaurantvilla danielicelestial courtmonorail stationquill city mallwalk in wardrobespg memberpetronas towerschinese restaurantstar hotelbukit bintangspacious roombuffet breakfastgolden triangleellieconcierge
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I recently enrolled with clubMARRIOT and decided to utilize the free stay when my brother returns from Thailand for business. I redeemed the Free room Voucher and Paid for a separate room for my parents as they wanted to spend some quality time with their grand daughter. We booked the room a week ahead for the 25th (Check in) and 26th (Check out). Here's my experience;

Booking process via clubMARRIOT was easy, I just needed to contact my designated agent (Ms Jennifer) and she arranged everything for me, even sent over a confirmation email with the room details.

Check in process was disappointing, I arrive roughly around 3.40-3.45pm, there was only 2 counters open, and I had to pick a queue and ended up behind a lady who seems to be taking up some time. Nonetheless, there was another table where there was "SPG" hanging by the wall, a lady was there to entertain me, her name was "Zurin" if I saw her name correctly, she proceed to assist with my check in after I waited in the queue for about 8 - 15 minutes which is bearable)

As it was already 3.50 almost 4pm, only to be told that the room I requested for upgrade using the voucher by clubMARRIOT doesn't qualify me for a Club Room + Facilities. What really put me off was when the staff Ms Zurin came back from asking her "manager", she just said that "Sorry, our system show you are only entitled for Deluxe room and not the Club Floor/Facilities. Because our system shows like this, we just follow." Again, I did not want to cause a ruckus, and learning from past experience, it's always good to first get a room and then continue with the process of finding out what on earth is going on.

After I checked into 2 separate rooms, 3022 and 3013, I was served by the Duty Manager Mr Hisham whom graciously listened to my feedback and professionally handled the situation. He checked the email I presented to him and finally agreed to allow me access to the Club Lounge but insisted that he wasn't able to move me to the Club Floor, but he did mentioned that the room was the same sized, only it was on a higher floor and had access to the club lounge.

I would like to thank Mr Hisham, Mr Soma, and Mr Philip who were very kind and listened to me through the whole check in experience, ultimately it was due to a voucher which states "Complimentary Upgrade to Club Floor" was required, and it was one of the Vouchers I had with me, but Ms Zurin didn't ask from me. As such, a simple Voucher have allowed me to upgrade to Club Floor in Room 3521 with access to all its facilities. One which, I couldn't not have been able to enjoy without the constant follow up from Mr Hisham. Thank you, again on behalf of myself and my family.

Overall Check In experience, despite the hiccup, I give it a 4/5 all because of the professional conduct of Mr Hisham, Mr Philip, and Mr Soma who was there all the way.

Room, honestly the room was slightly aged, I was expecting a charger socket for my USB devices, I had to being my own plug (which I didn't) luckily I managed to borrow one from my father as he brought along. They did provide such a connector in the room 3521, but the connector (USB Male to USD Female) was not functioning and I wasn't able to charge my phone.

In the Club Room, I also had a visit by an unwanted visitor in the toilet, (Nothing paranormal) but a cockroach, small one that crawled up my feet while I was doing my business. I immediately called the room service to give room and toilet of 3521 a good spray.

The good parts? Well I love the bed, it was soft enough, but not too soft, the pillows was sufficient, and there were extra pillows in the Walk in Closet area. I wish there was additional fold-able bed like those in other 5 Star hotels.

Toiletries were complete with disposable tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo, lotion, body wast and etc etc. Very good. The airconditioning was working fine, was easy to navigate the temperature, I am pleased.

Other than the dated TV and Furniture, I would give the room a 4 only because there was a frigging roach that crawled up my feet.

Club Lounge, I am disappointed that only 2 persons are allowed each time, I have been to the Club Lounge in Mandarin Oriental/ Westin/ Renaissance/Jen Hotel/ Shangri-la and they never limit me to 2 person entry only. Something Sheraton should really consider reviewing. Otherwise, the refreshments there is sufficient, fresh fruits for breakfast, some light finger foods were served, and wine in the evening. The spread of choice isn't as great as the one in Shantri-la, but it was a comfortable place to chill when your parents/family are busy with the Gym/Swimming Pool and other activities.

Breakfast in Essense, it was alright, loved the Omelette station, selection of toasts, fruits, fruit juices.

Lunch in Essense, well ... nothing to shout about, it was ok.

Had some drinks in Pavilion cafe, Mr Zaili was my server and he sure knows how to keep you entertained. Very observant of him, as he knows that I have visited Pavilion Cafe several times before to meet clients and friends.

So, my stay with Sheraton wasn't all a fairy tailed experience, but I did enjoy the time with my family there, and I certainly look forward visiting Sheraton Imperial KL again, and hopefully next time I will be able to get to sample the Ambassador Suite or the Imperial Suite (Seriously, I am looking forward)

There you go, my score is a 4/5 and I'm looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: Go for the Club Rooms or at lease get access to Club Lounge, it is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We have been delighted yet again with our stay at The Sheraton Imperial in Kuala Lumpur especially on this occasion our intentions were to go to Penang but because of the adverse weather and the fact that all of the Club Team were so wonderful, helpful and professional we decided that we would be hard pressed to find a more pleasing place to stay.
We would commend, Fairos, Amirul, Alt, Malar, Bard, Shana, Carrissa, Harsono and Danial the breakfast chef.

We would also like to say that everyone we have had contact with in the hotel is polite ,helpful and professional.

Room Tip: Every room we have ever stayed has been excellent, so there are no worries about checking into the Sheraton Imperial in Kuala Lumpur.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I have always stay in SPG Hotels and Marriott because of perks that come with my loyalty card. This weekend 25-26 Nov ,my Stay was in Sheraton KL. It was my first time and the Duty manager ,I suppose, named Fairos Khalid, was very attentive and helpful in the Club lounge ,his years of experience in hotel management is very evident in how he managers the hotel guests and of course me as the SPG member. I would come back for the service and Thank you Fairos Khalid for making my weekends stay more pleasurable. The only thing that didn’t come my way was the weather but that has nothing to do with the hotel.Maybe next time for a better weather ! Cheers

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

It comes under SPG rewards so late checkout available till 4pm
Free drinks and snack items everyday in the evening
Washing and ironing free for a pair of clothes everyday
Probably the best breakfast among all hotels across KL
Special items for Indians.

One needs to take LRT train for city centre ofcourse not more than 10 mins away.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 25 November 2017

This hotel is one of my favourite when I travel for business. The club lounge is excellent for work. The people there is great. Fairos and his team, Harosono and many more that I couldn't remember the name are so great in servicing the guest. Is definitely my favourite choice when I travel here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business