“Great Location, Warm Welcome”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #10 of 355 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was my second stay at Le Meridien, and they welcomed me back like a member of the family! Staff were extremely accommodating, following up on queries and making sure everything was taken care of.

On my first stay I had been upgraded (great room, massive bathroom), so was a little suprised at the compactness of regular rooms - my sister and brother-in-law had a room which was barely big enough for them and their luggage. The rooms were very well appointed though, clean and comfortable.

I didn't eat in the hotel given the range of cheap options close by, and felt that the breakfast on offer was overpriced.

The location is perfect, right by KL Sentral station which is the main station for the express train to KLIA as well as local metro and commuter trains and at least one bus to Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear skybreeze_11,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank your for your loyalty and for staying with us again. Room cleanliness is a focus for our Hotel and I am pleased about your feedback. I agree on the location and all its benefits. Please check our room and breakfast packages when you are next looking at staying as this can make the breakfast costs a lot more affordable.

I look forward to your next journey with us.

Till the third time…

Harvey Thompson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,921)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great place to stay good value and easy check in at Sentral with Malaysia Airlines. Buffet breakfast really good value and the usual friendly Malaaysian service

• Stayed: February 2012
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear LA143,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review and for your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed our buffet breakfast at Latest Receipe on Level 5. It is indeed a really good value and combines 5 types of cuisine and feeds every appetite!

Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Located right off KL Sentral station, this is about as perfect a location as it gets for a short business trip to Kuala Lumpur. The KLIA Ekspres train brings you here within half an hour from the KL International Airport; a taxi ride would cost three times as much and could take three times longer at rush hour. The restaurants are reasonably nice, though the bar is evidently meant for only leisure travellers as service is painfully slow.

On the other hand, it is not the hotel I would choose had I more time on hand for leisure activities. Although well-connected to most parts of KL via the public transport network, there is not a lot to do in the vicinity of the property. The rooms are relatively small and the service adequate but not in the same league as some of the other KL hotels that I have stayed in. IN particular, one night was somewhat uncomfortable as the air-conditioning did not work properly and the complaint had to be escalated before a satisfactorily resolution was obtained,

Room Tip: Ask for one where the air-conditioning works. Seriously.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear pixie0427,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. Location, location, location and indeed we are only a short ride from the city center and therefore avoid its notorious traffic jam. Reaching the airport has never been so easy with the express train, only 28 min. away. I regret to ready you experienced some issues with the air conditioning and have noted your comments.

Please could you contact me through the private as I would like to follow up with my team on what happened and we can rectify this

Again, thank you for staying us.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a fine hotel but that is about the best I can say for it. It is well located to travel to and from the airport on the train but other things are not that convenient. The rooms are small and the restaurant was ok but not great. Overall a fine choice but there are many better values in KL.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Matt H,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for choosing us and taking your time to write us a feedback. I trust you had a comfortable stay with us and a safe journey home.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stay at Le Meridien whenever I go on business trips to Kuala Lumpur. It is right next to KL Sentral which has a direct express train link to the KL International Airport. This is the fastest way to travel between KL city centre and the airport, taking about 30 minutes each way at RM35 for a one-way trip. Taking a taxi would cost you more and take a longer time. Le Meridien has a twin tower which houses the Hilton hotel. The two share the same pool which is one of the largest for a hotel that I've seen in Southeast Asia. I personally feel Le Meridien is better than the Hilton for a simple reason. It is cheaper and yet shares the same location and pool with no big difference in room quality or service. Talking about service, I've always been treated well at Le Meridien. They have a good business centre at the ground floor which is willing to accommodate requests even at unearthly hours. I had pages printed in the wee hours of the morning without a single complaint. One thing is for sure. My next business trip in KL, I'm definitely ending up at Le Meridien again.

Room Tip: Get the view on the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Johann,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for staying with us every time you are in KL for a business trip. I have to agree that our central location is a very convenient way of travelling around town. I’m glad to read that you have been treated well on each occasion as we strive to be consistent with our level of service. I will definitely share your feedback with the team as I’m sure they will appreciate to know that their hard work has been recognized.