Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Ascott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
7,535 results
All reviewshorizon clublemon gardenarthur's barpetronas towerschocolate fountainlobby loungeour honeymoonupgraded to a suitefantastic hotelbreakfast buffetpool area isfive star hotelclub rooman upgrademonorail stationlate checkbukit bintang
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Traveling around the world for work I mainly use 5 star properties and also this time I wanted to book the Mandarin Oriental, but based on the reviews on the Tripadvisor I changed my decision and booked Shangri-La. I have to say I am already typing this after being one hour in the hotel and having worse experience that happened to me after checking in. The staff was very rude and did not give any attention to my requests. After beeing in the room for 10 minutes the maintainance team arrived and changed the filter of the aircondition. After they finished we notice the television were not working. They changed us the room, but into the really bad smelling room in wich I could not breath. I almost checked out and went to Mandarin Oriental and belive me I was realy looking forward to my first stay with Shangri-La chain. The sUtaff keep explaining they can not provide proper service since they are very busy and highly occupied.
In my opinion I can not belive Shangri-La allows something like that to the brand reputation that it has.
I was really looking for pampered service but I guess Sangri-La can not deliver it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank Katia77
RoseWee, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments regarding your unpleasant experience with our service while staying with us. Please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that service improvements will be made. In order to facilitate our training enhancements, please do contact me at rosemarie.wee@shangri-la.com so that I can address the concerns highlighted by you personally. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed at the hotel both en route to Adelaide and on way back to UK for two nights each way. The hotel fully deserved the recommendation by Trailfinders. The service was first class as were the facilities.I would stay at this hotel again if only for the breakfast! Very accommodating on checking out as we had a very late night flight,offering use of facilities to freshen up later in the day prior to leaving for the airport.
The hotel taxis were expensive as one should anticipate but regular taxis were easily accessible.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnexRM
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Don't miss a chance to experience a shangri la on a business stay in KL. Lovely place.

Room Tip: All rooms are brilliant thought the ones facing the tennis court are great
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have been traveling to KL for work and pleasure for the last five years and I have found this one to be my favorite. It is very nice and classy with good restaurants and nice rooms. The location is also good near restaurants and within walking distance of Petronas Towers and shopping malls. I have stayed here for business and personal travel with my wife, baby, and parents. We all love it and it is great value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed here for four nights over New Year and our timing probably didn't allow us to see the hotel at it's best. First of all, the service and food were excellent. Other aspects were less good.

This is an older style hotel and our Club level room was disappointing; small compared to other KL club level offerings, furnished in dark wood and rather old fashioned. There was very little storage room, too.

The Club lounge was terribly overcrowded and they had to bring in extra tables and chairs, so people were sitting very close. There were a lot of families and I heard one businessman on his phone begging to be moved to the Mandarin Oriental! We felt much the same. Perhaps it is time for hotels that want to cater to business customers (and people without children) to provide separate lounges for them, particularly at holiday time?

We probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple