Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Agoda.com
USD 52
View deal
StayForLong
getaroom.com
2,721 results
All reviews walking distance living room executive lounge pleasant stay shopping
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

Amazing room for your money. Well
Worth the 70 cdn dollars a night , this hotel can definitely be a 5 star hotel. Wifi is extra (10ringit for 2 hours or 25 ringgit for 12 hours) but room comes with free cable port modem. Close to times square shopping mall (shopping at it's cheapest in kl), but location is not in central klcc (appx 10 ringgit cab fare) or 15 ringgit fare to bangsar) .... will def stay here again

2  Thank Ps2581
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your invaluable feedback on your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang.

We are certainly glad to know that your recent stay with us was a delightful one indeed.
On behalf of the team, I would like to extend my heartiest appreciation for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

My team and I do look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Furama Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Hotel is pretty nice, I was upgraded to a suite free of charge.

Good:
Free, very fast wired internet in rooms, wifi is chargeable.
Walking distance to a large nice mall. Shuttle service is also offered.
7-Eleven across the street.
Had a problem with my shower head and air conditioning, it was fixed promptly.

Bad:
TV selection - 8 total channels only 4 or so in English.
Bathroom has mold growing around the shower (see pics).
Carpet under bed needs vacuumed. There was about 2 inches of dust bunnies.
Breakfast is 90% eastern food, not much western food. I saw the buffet and left.
Hotel is 25 stories but only 4 small elevators. If you are leaving during the morning rush plan on 20minutes waiting for an elevator with room. They were ALL packed. You will then have to stand in a packed elevator, stopping on EVERY floor on the way down
Traffic noise is very loud, the windows are not sound proofed, so you will be woken up by dogs, cars honking, people yelling, etc.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Mr Paul,

Thank you for staying with us.

We have taken note on all the points written and do rest assure that I have reviewed together with my department heads to implement measures for improvement owing to our guest satisfaction.

In relation to the cleanliness of the carpet and bathroom being moldy, I will bring this matter to the Housekeeping Department for their further action. We are also in the midst of reviewing of selection of TV channels to add more value to the in house movie service.

We will certainly look into adding more western varieties into the breakfast menu having it a balance within local and western cuisine.

I apologize on the delay on the elevators as the hotel was operating at a maximum occupancy hence it was a busy period between breakfast and check outs that resulted to the elevators being occupied.

We thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards.

The team and I hope that the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I'd probably say you get what you pay for. The rate was affordable. Because of the affordable rate, you get a certain kind of crowd. And I suppose too, a certain calibre of staff. They were very polite and eager to please but some were unable to answer questions which you would expect a hotel staff to answer. For example, I asked how I could walk to the shopping area - the lady kept pointing to the road in front while giving directions for going to the right. Obviously, we did not get what she was trying to say (perhaps we were the dense ones) and got a bit lost. We were also told it was very far and that we should take a taxi which would cost us RM10-15. We got this same price range every time we asked someone different. However, we found the distance to be walkable and not that far and when we took a taxi one day, it was RM3 and to KLCC which was further away, it was RM 6. If you are booked here, make sure you ask the driver to turn on the meter. You will save a lot of money. Blue premier taxis are twice as expensive. It's a 'premier' service so expect the more expensive price because the ride will be more comfortable.

Now to the room - it was ok. It didn't make me want to change hotels but I wasn't so happy. The non-smoking floor smelled heavily of smoke. I even saw someone smoking and complained to reception but the lady just looked at me and said ' this is actually a non-smoking hotel'. I know it is hard for them to trace the source. This all boils down to the kind of clientele you get when the hotel rate is affordable. The room itself smelled at times lightly of smoke.

The bathtub was black around the rims and inside the tub. You could see finger prints on the doors. There was a hole in the ceiling in our room leaking water from the aircon - just dripping very slowly. Didn't realise it was coming from the ceiling till the second day.

The location of the hotel is not in Bukit Bintang although the name of the hotel contains 'Bukit Bintang'. The taxi drivers kept correcting me. Nevertheless, it is a short walk away and the nearest shopping centre, Berjaya Times Square, is just around the corner. The monorail station is also within walking distance.

There is road construction work taking place outside the hotel although there is presently no noise. Could be because of the weekend. The surrounding area is not nice and is quiet at night. Looks safe enough. We did not stay out very late. Just don't take any shortcuts.

The buffet was a surprise - large variety and they changed the local food selection each day, which was nice. Quality was in keeping with the type of hotel. The croissants were fantastic. Only problem with breakfast was they did not control the crowd and just let people into the restaurant to look for a seat. It was crowded and chaotic. Despite signs all over saying not to waste food, some people are just plain dumb or are used to a 'wasting' culture because money is not an issue for them. I guess you see this all over where buffets are served.

Would I book here again on my own free will. I guess, the answer is no. However, if you are on a budget and keep all the above in mind, it's not so bad. And if you are on a group tour booked in here, you will survive!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank franinmuc
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Mr / Ms Bulleta,

Thank you for sharing your review with regards to your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies on the service rendered by the associates while you were seeking directions to the shopping malls. We have counseled her for improvements.

With regards to the room condition, we have blocked the room for maintenance preventive to give it a more fresher look as well as to attend on the matters that is highlighted.

Once again, we sincerely appreciate all your great feedbacks and look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

The room was fantastic ridiculously big and clean and just awesome. However the hotel itself stank of cigarette smoke especially in the corridor. The service around the pool was disappointing, we were not offered a drink at all and we actually felt like a bit of an inconvenience as the staff were preparing for the evening dinner. The location wasn't great I would suggest grabbing a cab. This is more of a business hotel if your travelling on business etc, the rooms are great but could only manage a couple of days here. Great value for money though especially within the room size etc.

1  Thank lisa s
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Ms Lisa,

Thank you for staying with Furama Bukit Bintang as well as taking the time to write this review. All our guests’ comments are gratefully received and valued and we are never proud to know that we have disappointed a guest. We are very grateful for feedbacks so that we can review, learn and improve.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the clean and spacious room. Our rates are value for money comparing to the neighboring hotels within our area.

I noted your comments on the cigarette smell encountered at the corridor's of your room. It can be disturbing especially for non smokers. Rest assured I've got the housekeeping team to air the area as we speak.

I very much regret the inconveniences you experienced at the pool area where the waiter / waitress was not attentive enough and sincerely hope that this rather isolated incident did not mar your overall opinion of the hotel and that it will not deter you from returning and staying with us on your future visits.

We certainly look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here last March 2012. The room has 2 single bed, spacious and clean. The price is cheap also compared to the hotels nearby but the superior room has no WIFI and you need to pay for additional to access the WIFI. I suggest they should include WIFI to superior rooms. The toilet got broke also having problem on flushing (overflowing water). Hopefully staff will double check first all the utilities before giving it to their guests especially the toilet and make sure that it is working and properly maintained. The hotel was like 15-20 minutes walk going to the Malls and Food establishments in KL (maybe that's why this is cheaper). You can take cab too but i think it will consume a lot of time compared to walking because of the traffic around the area.

Room tip: If you do not need WIFI you may consider superior room.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Anjella V

Dear Ms Anjella,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on Furama Bukit Bintang and we are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. As we take pride in providing you exemplary service, we strive to ensure that all aspects of our services are provided to you with satisfactory.

We apologize on faulty flush at your bathroom and regret for the inconvenience caused. We have rectified this immediately so that it will not occur again to the others. Wifi is chargeable for superior rooms however deluxe room category and above are on complimentary basics.

We look forward in your return should your future visits brings you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Executive Assistant Maanager