“Dark & Grim” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #245 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Brisbane, Australia
“Dark & Grim”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed here purely because the Hotel I had booked was not ready to take me, and I took an overnight flight to KL, so was in desperate need of a sleep for a few hours.

For the price you can't expect too much. The beds were rock hard, and I mean like concrete. As were the pillows. Our room was in the "new wing"..... I would hate to see the old wing. The airconditioning eminated a foul stench reminiscant of cat urine.

This is a rough part of KL, and I would recommend steering clear.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheClarkeClan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

I ended up here because the hotel that I like and ususally stay in round the corner,"MY HOTEL" was full.The room was clean and comfortable.The air conditioning worked,the bed was comfortable,the room was cleaned every day.There are a heap of places to eat in the street,
and its a short walk to KL central and the metro.I paid 70 ringitt a night which is fair value for
what I got.I found the reception staff polite.I suspect this is also a pay by the hour hotel,
but it wasn't real obvious or intrusive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nardir3
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

The place is renting rooms by the hours to the local hookers... When asking about this they don't deny it even though its also illegal in Malaysia. We also had to pay a deposit and for the whole stay (2 days). When wanting to leave after one day we didn't get our money back for the second night. The staff is rude and not service minded at all. We are backpacking around Asia and this without a doubt the worst place in all of Malaysia.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Annaandniels

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

johor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Bad service and unfriendly people. NO VALUE for MONEY. I was forced to pay extra RM10 for another person to stay in the same room with no extra bed. The fare was a fraud. it was based on head and not base on the price of the room. What a silly joke. The old wing do not have wifi with only single bed and no choice of twin bedding at all.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank malaysian331
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

We hve arrived in Kuala Lumpur at 3AM in the morning and we were offered a fair for 70RM with checkout at 2PM the next day. The man at the counter looked friendly and also offered us the possibility of extending our stay for 5RM per hour.
The next day we woke up at 11 and wanted to go out for a walk. Here is the bad surprise.
We walk down to the hall and the friendly man from the night before was nowhere to be seen, at the reception a terrible and unfriendly chinese woman told us our check out was at 1PM and that we had to pay 5RM for the hourly extension. Even if not happy because it was originally promised to us check out at 2PM, I offer to pay 5RM to stay until 2PM. I hand her over 10RM waiting for the change and she just refused to give it to me. The hourly extension suddenly was costing 10RM. Simply a fraud... The woman was very unfriendly and treated us really bad continuining shouting at us swear words in Chinese (my girlfriend can understand the language). Next to this, there was a sign with "FREE WIFI" but no connection whatsoever. Apart from total absence of customer service, we are talking about bad manners and unpoliteness here. something you really don't want to experience in your travel. The fare was just a fraud. TOTALLY NOT ADVISED, STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOUSY HOTEL RAN BY UNFRIENDLY AND DISHONEST PEOPLE!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple