Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MickNKT
Melbourne, Australia

Value for Money, Comfortable

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Aug 2012
I have stayed in Sky Hotel for 23 nights during my trip to KL last month. It is situated in Bukit Bintang, and within walking distance to shopping, food, etc. I have been to KL many times in the past, and have stayed in a number of hotels in Bukit Bintang, but I must say that Sky hotel offers the best value for money. If you are looking for a decent place, with decent sized bathroom, comfortable beds, modern design and affordable prices, this is the place for you. The only comment I have is that the bathroom corners are a little mouldy.
Overall a very pleasant stay.
Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$168
  • eDreams
1.7 km from Sky Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Kuala Lumpur
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hotel is probably less than two years old, therefore all facilities still look new, fresh and clean. The rooms are very contemporary or modern in design, a very affordable three stars hotel. Avoid the rooms without windows, and you should find your stay peaceful, quiet and comfortable.

One great advantage of this hotel is its location: it is situated very close to, but not along Bukit Bintang road, which is one of the busiest and touristy thoroughfares in the city of Kuala Lumpur.

Room tip: Avoid rooms without windows
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank datoahc
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Went to KL over weekend for shoppings with gal friends and meeting up friends in KL. Was looking for something close to federal hotel in terms of location and convenience: found sky hotel at seventy five percent of what Federal hotel will charge. Location is just behind Federal hotel. The hotel is tucked away at the end of bt bintang so it was safe for us to get back when it is late as the street is still full of people. To be safe we took the royal bintang hotel route as it is near the main road. Hotel comes with free wifi but connection was not fantastic, need time for connection but it was ok if u are not a heavy user. Not recommended if u need Internet to do work. Room comes w basic stuff like hair dryer, kettle but what was nice is rooms are newly renovated so they are neat and clean. We were given a room at 102 but it has not lock so we requested for a change of room. Were given another room w no window but it is ok as we feel safer w a internal lock. The receptionist was reluctant to change our roof but we persists nicely n hence he gave us: that was not good experience having paid in advance. I would expect that they replace w a similar room w no reluctance. So kind of weird that we have to persist. After all he still has other rooms not taken. Anyway we thank him gratefully and think he was ok after that.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I am a frequent traveler and this is my first experience staying in a "thief" hotel. My husband and I were check-in to Room 502 and only realized that our door card access to our room was not functioning so requested for the hotel to fix it. However after several times fixing the door lock to our room, it's still not functioning and we have to get the assistance from the reception to access to our room. In few occasions, our room was accessed by the hotel maintenance staff without our existence. The day we check out we didn't realize that our handphone chargers (ori iphone and samsung s3) were found missing until we reached home, as I remembered packing those in my hubby's backpack which was left unzip. Later I called the hotel and they have one of their housekeeping dept staff to call me instead of their floor manager. We were informed by the housekeeping that there were maintenance staff in our room fixing the door before we check out that day. Upon suspicion, I called again and requested for the hotel manager to give me a clarification. We were thinking to give the management a chance to clarify on this so we didn't post review on tripadvisor and agoda. She only came back to me after 2 weeks by email informing that there were no suspicions during their investigation. These 2 items are our companion and we have never left them behind.
I don't recommend this hotel..so please stay away from this hotel. I rather stay at Bintang Warisan Hotel, though a little run down but at least they have never given us any hiccups.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank fancy48
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Hotel is very, very nice, and not expensive. It is in the heart of shopping center in KL, close to Monorail (IMBI station). You got big bed, big TV, fantastic bathroom,... and everything for the minimum price. The breakfast is not included, but you can buy it - for 12 RM you have unlimited food.
I recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I had read mixed reviews about Sky Hotel, but we had a pleasant stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and even got a smile! (I had read the opposite) They had security guards which were not needed, and the guy at the taxi desk was awesome (be careful of the crazy malaysian drivers! they do 170km/hr in a 90 zone!!)

The room was clean and comfortable (the beds are a little tough), nice warm shower - downside is that our shower drain was very noisy at night - I had to cover it with the bath mat. The walls are also thin, I could hear the neighbours boiling their kettle.

very close to the shopping malls (in every direction!) and close to BB Plaza where we spent lots of time drinking at D'Spice (two for one cocktails ladies!!)

close to the monorail, take that and a train to Batu caves and it will cost you all of about 5RM, way cheaper than a tour!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends