DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
USD 95
USD 79
USD 74
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
USD 83
USD 76
USD 97
USD 92
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
USD 103
USD 96
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
USD 131
USD 115
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 137/night.

USD 211
Mandarin Oriental
3,660 results
All reviewsmakan kitchendouble treethe executive loungewelcome cookiewarm cookiesampang park stationpetronas towerspillow menufood courtshopping mallcovered walkwayupon checkrain showermodern hotelbusiness tripfree shuttlepleasant stay
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May 2012, it's a new hotel and to the usual Hilton/Doubletree standards. It's a very well appointed hotel having a great choice of restaurants, and good leisure facilities. The room, an executive suite was absolutely excellent, and extremely good value in my opinion. It was very large having a large separate sitting area, as well as a very large sleeping area. The Bathroom again was large, and included a wet room with rain shower which was most welcome after a long Journey.

Staff were all friendly and could not do enough for you.

I actually was visiting KL on Business, but for my purposes felt the hotel was more suitable for a Leisure visit. the main sights are mostly within walking distance (The Petronals Towers and KLCC, Chinatown etc), whereas the location of the hotel meant that getting to the office (in Bukit Raja) took 25 minutes longer than staying at the Hilton at Sentral (not the hotels fault). All in all i recommend this hotel to anyone visiting KL.

Room Tip: Upgarde to an executive room for included breakfast, Internet, and drinks (including alcohol).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear MarkandJustine,

Thank you for staying with us again, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the suite, Executive Lounge facilities and hotel services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Very good introduction to hotel when I arrived, luggage was immediately taken care of and I was allowed to check in over an hour earlier. Room was spacious with expected facilities of a 5 star and comfortable bed with a pillow menu. Bathroom was adequate but with only shower and no bath tub which I did expect. Was too tired to complain about this and ask for a room change. Concierge staff very helpful and offered some good advice about the area. Breakfast included a good selection although on one occasion my tea and orange juice were taken away when I left the table for fruit selection. I did ask for replacement and was promptly provided. Spa facilities were not free, gym, pool, steam and sauna were. Check out was smooth and my luggage was kept by the hotel to allow me to collect later for my late flight.

Room Tip: Ask if room has a bath tub if you need it as not all rooms have one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear ali_mcfc,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the room, Sweetdream® bed and pillow, breakfast spread and how the team looked after you. In particular I have noted your comment that your beverage glasses were cleared and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will certainly share your feedback with team concern and take necessary step to improve our service delivery.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was at the Doubletree by Hilton, KL between 24 - 28 July, and I must say that they do live up their promise "better than home" - Centrally located, the DTKL has easy access to the airport by train. This helps you save time and money and from the KL Central you are directed to the LRT. From this station it takes literally 5 minutes.

On arrival, we were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff with the best cookies ever!

Makan kitchen is an absolute treasure - so many cuisines and amazing chefs. You'd probably want to say hello to Chef Prem who will pamper you with the best of Indian cuisine. Despite Maken Kitchen having 400 reservations on an average basis for dinner, Chef Prem delighted in preparing amazing dishes and served it right at our table.

The pool is amazing - you'd fall in love with the turquoise blue.

The highlight of my stay was when I went to the Italian restaurant by the pool side. Our group had pre-ordered a set menu which consisted of duck. As I did not eat duck I asked Alan at the restaurant if he could exchange it. Even though this would have been a tedious task to prepare in a few minutes - nothing was too big a request with Alan when he ensured I was only served chicken. In passing I also mentioned my favourite dessert was Tiramisu and our order was for another dessert, Alan went out of his way to get me my favourite dessert. This was a total surprise and I was very touched by this gesture. This was truly the hallmark of my stay at DTKL!

Apart from this the hotel rooms were very comfortable and clean, safe in the hands of Abdul who serviced my room despite the mountains of boxes after shopping :)

It's a great place to bring family and I recommend DTKL as one hotel that truly looked after the little details of my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear Minoli S,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, dining experiences in Makan Kitchen and Tosca restaurants. I am happy to hear how the team looked after you. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests. I will certainly pass on your message to the Chef Prem, Alan and Abdul.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This time we visited KL as tourists. The hotel is very good with a world-class cuisine which includes Malay, Chinese, Indian and Western food. The swimming pool with jacusi, sauna, steam room and gym facilities were clean and tidy. The room was very good, enough space and good bed. All staff we met, whether it was 6 o'clock in the morning or 12 at night was very friendly and ready to satisfy our desires at all time.
Some practical information: We like to walk, and it took approx. 20 minutes slow walk to the Petronas T. and another 20 minutes to shoping street or Bukit Bintang and China Town. For those who prefer a car, there are always taxis available outside the hotel for a reasonable price. I've been traveling a lot around the world and stayed in many hotels. I can therefore recommend this hotel. Our overall impression is that this is a well-organized hotel with good magagement and yes it lives up to the expectations of a demanding guest.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OFB633

Dear OFB633,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room, foods quality in Makan Kitchen, fitness facilities and hotel services.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had a comfortable stay.The Staff were generally helpful.Very courteous!! However the room was too small for the furniture provided. We needed to squeeze past the table to sit on the sofa!!
The 2 single beds were huge and very comfortable.The Cleaning staff need to do a better job.

The glass wall of the bathroom certainly was a novelty !!

Location next to the Ampang Park station is very convienient if you want to use the LRT !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear s d,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, Sweetdream® beds, and hotel services. I have noted your comment about the housekeeping team, and we will continuously work with the team on training for better service in future.