“A value for money version Hilton”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 24 May 2012

It's really value for money for what we got at Doubletree Hilton. Loved the cookie that we got at the reception(really nice!!) and the rooms are amazing! Location is not too bad just that getting to areas such as Bukit Bintang is quite a hassle due to the poor transportation system of KL(nothing to do with Double Tree).

Anyway the hotel is really 5 stars but the service really begs for more(maybe due to the price) cause I saw a lot of customers complaining at the front desk and the front desk staff was always promising stuff that they can't seem to deliver(I was promise a king size bed and they said they would call me on my mobile but I ended up going to the front desk to see if I could be upgraded).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear lckcee,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the room and I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie. I have noted your comment for requesting king bedded upon check in and I apologize for this. Certainly, we will work on training and development for service improvements.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 23 May 2012

The size of the room is huge. I was on the executive floor. The shower was amazing! I did not even want to leave my room. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Harminder K,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially our signature bed - Sweetdream®, room and the rain shower. I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed May 2012 for 1 night. On Company Rate.

I was originally staying at another hotel which I wasn't overly impressed with and then discovered my company had a rate with this hotel as well so moved over.

I think this is an excellent hotel.

It's pretty central - walking distance to the Petronas towers.
Nice pool area with bar/restuarant beside it
Large gym
Several other restuarants inside. There was live music on the evening I was there.
Rooms are clean, modern, as would be expected at the Hilton.

And as I am a Hilton Diamond member the staff went above and beyond to accommodate me making it altogether a very happy experience and I will be using this hotel again if I come back to Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give better views.
1  Thank Blbovka

Dear Blbovka,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room, lounge lobby and how the team looked after you. I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

same yummy cookie and charming welcome in enterance, polite staff, nice area, clean room and joyful happy hours in the lobby bar. we stayed there 4 nights and enjoy a lot there. you can reach petronas buildings and some shopping centers by 10-20 min walking, and you can find anything you may need in the area.
just the swimming pool and breakfast was not as good as what i expect! but generally its very good choice in city center

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Shotgunn,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room, and Axis Lounge. I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

It was a pleasent experience to stay in the Hotel Doubletree Hilton. They have a nice restaurant and the in room dining experience was good. The cookie given by the Hotel at the time of checkin assured me that the experience will be good and I was not wrong in my assumption. Although the rooms were of small size than the earlier hotels I have been in but they were spacious enough to meet my requirement. Location is excellent as Petrona Towers is 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which has a view of Petrona Towers, They look beautiful at night when they are illumi...
1  Thank Ushpreet B

Dear Ushpreet B,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, F&B restaurants and in-room dining service. I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!