“Excellent stay, beautiful room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent stay, beautiful room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Spent 12 days in Singapore and Malaysia. This hotel was the best of the four hotels we used during the entire trip. Excellent location, great room, super clean, contemporary decor, and helpful and attentive staff. Breakfast was also excellent - large variety. Eat at Estate (restaurant) on the ground floor, which was very good. Lobby bar was awesome and the little shop in the lobby was convenient for water and snack purchases. Laundry service was prompt (albiet expensive, but aren't they all?).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear new2trip,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room, breakfast spread and staff helpfulness. I appreciate your comment about the Estate restaurant on Ground Floor and the laundry service provider – Jeeves of London on Concourse at retail podium, and whilst these are operated by a 3rd party.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed on business hotel is what you'd expect from a Hilton. Rooms are very nice, clean but compact. Location is good with bars etc nearby. Staff are 50/50 with some excellent and some terriblyunhelpful. Hotel is placed as a business hotel but the business centre lacks and not having wifi is bit of a ball ache and something which should really be a given in these types of hotels. Check in and out is a long winded procedure and i had issues with my bill and being charged for things I didn't have or utilise. That a side I would reccommend it as a clean, comfortable place to stay and the breakfast bar is not to be sniffed at!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear MiddleM,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room and cleanliness. I noted your comments regarding the challenges with billing and the staff friendliness. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Certainly, we are working hard with the team on training to improve all areas of services for all guests.

In particular I also noted the necessity to provide complimentary Wi-Fi service in guestroom and we are working with the team for improvement although it may be not be able to rectify quickly, however obviously this area can always be improved.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

The service is impeccable. The room was extremely quiet. And the king bed could not have been better - firm and felt new. Food is always fabulous.

This type of customer first 'empowered' management style that I read a lot in the marketing book, finally I witness myself in HILTON !

Highly recommended especially for business traveller!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear tiaralabuan,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the room, foods quality and services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I really like Double Tree Hilton and have stayed at nearly every single room they have :

a)Penthouse Suite
b)Executive Suite
c)Deluxe Suite
d)Executive Room
e)Normal Guest Room

Their hotel staff is friendly , and I have some really good experiences with the whole team at reception . Tony and Raj who managed the afternoon shift run very efficiently and remember regulars , which is always a plus point at a 5 star hotel . Aishah and Joey from the night shift also remembers regulars and offer perks to regulars without asking too many questions .

Thanks for making my stay in KL always a great one ! I really do hope this gets to the management of Double Tree Hilton KL , and goes back to the staff taking care of me there .

Best ,
Mr.David Lai

Room Tip: Take the Penthouse Suite , the view is simply breathtaking !! The Twin Towers is like a stone's...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Davidlai308
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Davidlai308,

Thank you for staying with us again, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear how the team looked after you during your recent stay. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples demonstrated by the team that mean so much to our guests. I will certainly pass on your message to the team, and I look forward to having an opportunity to meet up with you in future.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Good business hotel facilities, good food at Maka kitchen. Rooms pretty standard and good bathroom (no bath). Taxi needed to go anywhere or use hotel shuttle, not near a metro station, but service pretty good in hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Vchamb,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the foods quality at Makan Kitchen, hotel facilities and services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!