“Met all my expectations, but also had a few nice surprises”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #21 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My wife and I just stayed 3 nights at this hotel, and it is a very nice hotel. It is within walking distance of the Twin Towers, and the huge mall by the towers. We kind of knew all this by the website. What we did not know was that the hotel offers some very nice surprises, such as a large food court on the lower levels, with a nice variety of food. The gem though is the Japanese restaurant one level below the lobby, Hanare. I mention it, because it is hard to find unless you know it is there, tucked away in the very back, but we were lucky enough to stumble upon it, and enjoyed great food, true Japanese service, in a very pleasant setting. If you enjoy Japanese food, this is a must-try.

We were also very happy with the concierge desk, they assisted us with booking a nice day-trip to the Genting resort, and did really well in getting us the trip we wanted, without trying to push us into one of their "brochure" trips. We settled for a personal tour, with a very nice guide who took us exactly where we wanted to go.

The night before we checked out, we received a call from the front desk, asking if we needed any assistance at all in the morning. I though that was a very nice touch, and took them up on the offer of arranging a car for us to the airport.

Another small, but nice feature, is the grand view of the Twin Towers from the Executive Club balcony, we caught some nice pictures from there.

This is a very nice hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VikingRuler
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear VikingRuler,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the location, and I am happy to hear the team looked after you by organizing the day tour and offering airport transfer arrangement prior to your departure. I appreciate your comment about the Hanare restaurant on Ground Floor retail podium, and whilst this is operated by a 3rd party.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,442)

Reviewed 15 February 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel recently, the welcome cookie was amazing, the room was huge! The room is very well furnished, very spacious, great bed, great toilet. And also the staff were always ready to help. Over all we had a wonderful time staying here. Location is great, 10 5-10 mins drive to KLCC mall. taxi is very easy to get.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Vini_D,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the location, room and the services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

i was here with my boyfriend last christmas and this hotel has got one of the best beds and pillows around. not forgetting really great complimentary soap and shampoo from crabtree and evelyn.

the shopping arcade was still pretty vacant during my stay, most of the shops aren't occupied yet.

the pool is great. especially at night, you'll have a really nice view of the petronas tower all lit up.

there is a shopping mall about 3minutes walk away(cross the overhead bridge, walk past manhattan fish market and it is right there in front of you). nothing much to do there. if you do walk to the mall, i'd suggest for you to take the train down to KLCC(next stop) or Bukit Bintang(you would need to a train transfer) to shop and dine. i would say trains are the way to go in the day.

friendly and helpful staff.

i love those awesome choco chip cookies they serve to you while they process your check in

definitely recommend this place to everyone visiting KL

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear thedancinglemur,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the Sweetdream pillows, bathroom amenities, swimming pool and I am happy to hear that the team looked after you both. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Spent 5 nights in the executive suite. A bit hard to find my way to the 1st floor check in until directed by the concierge and the check in lady was a bit lost for words when asked to explain why she needed to charge my credit card when the room was prepaid. Execellent service on the executive floor staff. Having problem with cleaning lady removing bath robe and towel without replacing. We detected smoking smell on 3 days of our stay. Nothing was done about it even thought we were assured that it is a non smoking floor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Georgeh05,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comments regarding the check in and housekeeping challenges. I apologize for all inconvenience caused. Certainly, we are continuing to work with the team on training to improve all areas of service, as it is important for all guests.

We appreciate the support and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights,overall expression is fantastic. The staff is really great, especially big thanks to Pantea at the Front Desk, who demonstrated exellent customer service as well as professionalism, Sunil from concierge who was always helpfull and Beebob with Eddie from Makan restaurant-they were real stars!
The location is very convinient if you want to explore KL, the Petronas is only 10 min walk and Bukit Bintang is only 20 min by foot.
The rooms are well equiped and comfortable.
The Breakfast were the best I ever had in other hotels. Big thanks to all the Chefs!
The only negative thing is lack of information at the check in and hassle with the deposit thing. The first time I came to check in,I had only debit card and the trainee guy nearly refused to check us in,even thought i agreeded to pay for the rooms up-front.As i work at the FO for Hilton myself, i asked him to put stop-charge on our rooms,what he did. I could not understand why he could not advise that himself.
The second time i came to check in after our trip to Langkawi,i experienced the same problem but it was sorted out by Pantea.
Would definetely come back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Daria_Rus,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the location, room and the breakfast spread and I am glad to hear that the team looked after you & your family.

I have noted your comments regarding the check in experience. Certainly, we are continuing to work with the team on training to improve all areas of service, as it is important for all guests.