“Lovely food but drinks are very over-priced” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nerovivo

Nerovivo
Ranked #308 of 3,998 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but drinks are very over-priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

My partner and I stopped over in KL for one night on our return to London from our holiday in Indonesia. We decided to dine at Nero Vivo as it was close to the hotel and had good reviews.

The food was great. We both had pizza's and were glad we never ordered any starters as the pizza's themselves were massive. However, the cost of the drinks were incredible. I had a small glass of wine that was almost £10!! It was our last night before returning home, so I paid the price but we felt that there was no need for the over-priced drinks, that really shorten our stay at this restuarant.

We had a lovely table outside, and would have liked to have stayed longer and had more drinks but we could not justify the price.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Long Valley, New Jersey
“Great Food for Starters and Pasta but Main Courses just so-so. Overpriced Wine List”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

I ate here with my wife and we were very impressed with the food. After reading reviews the portions were small on TA, we made sure we had enough courses to satisfy us.

We stared with a wood oven pizza and it was very good for the 2nd course, I had 4 cheese gnocchi which was fantastic and my wife scallops. My gnocchi was fantastic and the scallops were good.

For the main I had the lamb but was not pleased. It was tough and overcooked even though I ordered it medium Rare. My wife had ricotto and spinach ravioli and this was just so-so.

The wine list was way overpriced and the less expensive bottles were all "sold out." I ordered a bottle of the house merlot which was not on the menu.

Our server was fantastic and extremely friendly.

MALAYSIA
“Great Ambience & Service, food can be better..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

The property is situated right at the end of Changkat BB, next to Bijan, we almost miss the turn. Like the overall setting in the dining-lights& music are tuned at the right mood, as the night gets older and more patrons came to dine,the Italian singer is heard singing some upbeat beat.Waiter/waitress are swift, friendly & attentive,not intrusive,just sharing the right sort of advise;as my friend is clearly undecided after 5min staring at the menu, they provided her with some precious tips!
She definitely loved the promotion of the day- chicken with lentils in red wine sauce,finish the course in no time! My pumpkin leek soup is NOT SO creamy,taste is ok. The portion of risotto with king crab meat is pretty filling for my appetite,although rich in seafood flavor, the crab shell pieces was irritating as it trapped between my teeth.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Disappointing but good service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was there last night for dinner with a friend and we ordered the Seared seabass with a potato crust, cauliflower puree, scallops and broccoli and Baby potato gnocch with four cheese sauce, rocket salad and oven dried tomatoes for our main course. It was very disappointing. It lacked taste and flavour. Very blend especially the sea bass. It didn't even look or tasted fresh. The fish was dry. I personally thought it was not worth paying RM70 for a plate. The only saving grace was the wine. A Spanish merlot ( can't remember the name now, sorry). We didn't dare try the dessert thinking it would end up being as disappointing as our main course. However, I must say, the service is good and the waitress knew her stuff. Decor simple and nice. I heard the pizzas are good, oven baked but we didn't try them.

1 Thank Dharsh
“The Cadillac of KL's Italian restaurants...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

..because despite starting out as a standard-bearer, they've dropped down to chain
pizzeria-levels of quality; trading on past glories.
Paolo simply lost the plot and everything went downhill, new owners haven't seemed to be able to sort out this train-wreck.
Starting to look old too.

• Visited May 2011