“Coffee break”

Birch
Ranked #1,069 of 4,923 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: USD 7 - USD 73
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Love the ambiance, nice place to hang out with friends and families for cakes and coffee. They serve brunch yet to try.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

First time to Birch for client meeting. Looks pretty crowded during lunch time. First impression..nice setting. But the service?? Guys!! Luckily for you the food is good otherwise I would have not think about coming back. There’s only a few of us on the table but yet, they could miss out on asking orders..but once ordered, they could still miss out on giving orders!! Had the soup, not too rich. The broth is just nice. But I must say, the cakes did save the day. Do try out on the cheesecake. It is da bomb!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Over priced... Not value for money. Related to Huckleberry's in Plaza Damansara which explains it all. Difficult to get attention of staff from where were seated. Had to ask 3 different staff members for the water we had asked for. Had a fly buzzing around which makes you wonder what it was like in the kitchen. For the prices charged is there a need to have majority foreign staff... the one we dealt with struggled with English.

3  Thank FaizK186
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Firstly, 0/5 for customer service.

Despite having ample empty tables, the waiters refused to let us sit at a table of 4, just because there was only two of us. The waiters then gave excuses that all those tables were reserved, so we stayed on to observe, but the tables were still not occupied.

They were more willing to let customers walk out of the door, than to let you sit at an unoccupied table on presumption that ‘future’ customers would arrive.

Hence, 0/5 for sincerity and integrity.

Waiters were not attentive, had to call them several times just to get our menu, to order, to fill up water, and for the bill, respectively.

I’ll give the burnt cheesecake a solid 4/5, but if Birch does not buck up and train their staffs better and to be more respectful & honest, this place will only be remembered for their horrible service.

p/s: This was my second time here, I thought I’d give them a second try, despite receiving similar service during my first visit. Once bitten, twice shy.

I’m glad to hear from others that I’m not the only one who has experienced such bad service from Birch.

6  Thank MJYue
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are using our time here in Malaysia to spend more time together so, each Saturday, we go out for brunch. We’re working our way through various ‘Top 10 / 15 / 20’ lists. And, a couple of weeks ago decided to try Birch at DC Mall.
The morning started badly when we accidentally parked in the Valet Parking - but a small ‘fee’ soon sorted that out!
The first thing I check in any restaurant is whether or not they offer decaf coffee - I’m allergic to caffeine. The server looked worried and apologised, saying that they’d run out. Grrr !!! She must have notice the disappointment and irritation on my face, beacuse, as we were waiting to be shown to our seats, she disappeared off, returning with a large grin. “We have one serving left” she announced. “Right, save it for me!” I jumped in.
We settled into our seats and were getting ready to order. I had forgotten my handbag hook and was struggling to find somewhere to hang it - it fell off the narrow window cill and the back of the bar stool and there wasn’t enough room for it on the table. It wasn’t a huge handbag, but I didn’t really want to leave it in either the floor or the table. As I turned to the server to order, another member of staff had spotted my handbag issue and brought over an extra bar stool for my handbag. Now, it’s important to know that we were heading off for a day at the coast and were dressed in shorts and t-shirts, plus, my handbag is cheap and cheerful - definitely not designer!
We had an excellent meal - the eggs were some of the best we’ve ever had - and I thoroughly enjoyed my coffee and croissant to finish.
On our way out, we asked to speak to the floor manager, Kevin Sivaraj, to recognise the excellent service we had received and to ask him to thank the staff on our behalf. We’d already done that, but good service deserves recognition. He was delighted and quizzed us on other aspects of our visit.
All in all, a great start to our day. We’ll be back!

1  Thank Jacqueline R