“This restaurant is not there anymore”
Review of Senses - CLOSED

Senses
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Wasn't clear what what "fusion" they are trying for. But then its not there anymore, so no need to elaborate

1  Thank mthant

Reviewed 7 January 2013

There has been many dining experiences here in Senses that the Chef de Cuisine Michael Elfwing is our good friend for many years. But for My recent event on 26th Sept 2012, it was worth writing it down for the memory lane in the future, was the wine maker dinner event with Italian Wine maker giant for whom I respected most, and visited the vineyard in Tuscany region back in year 2002, The great Frescobaldi, with a history of, a prominent Florentine noble family that have been involved in the political, sociological, and economic history of Tuscany since the Middle Ages. It is still run by the family members till now it is the over 700 years. The great man himself the Marquis Ferdinando de' Frescobaldi was here for the event. (Picture) He took us through the elaborated history of this wine making family business from 1305 all the way to present day run by him and his brothers, focused on wine stories only.
The dinner featured a good wine pairing in true Italian style dinner in 5 course featuring the Chef favourite creation:
1) Prawn Prawn Prawn, Tartar of sea prawn with limoncello cloud.
2) truffle & Lemon Pappardelle,
3) Roasted wood pigeon
4) Wagyu Tomahawk. (Grilled tomahawk steak carved at our table. The Wagyu Tomahawk is said to be hand carried in by flight by one of the diner with us that night). Served with seasonal greens the Italian style pair with the best red wine of the night- Castelgiocondo Brunello do Montalcino DOCG 2004).
5) Chef Mic’s signature truffle ice cream with Hazelnut biscotti, Grappa macerated figs, with Illyquore coffee liqueur.
I thoroughly enjoyed to the utmost, the company and the good quality food and wine, also very generously served by the distributor here, and wine poured refilled so many times over by the familiar Hilton Sommelier crew members, exceptionally very nice to us.
I must have our table a group photo with the rare opportunity with the Great Man. I’m the one wearing checked shirt if you wonder which is the one yours truly is! Enjoying a chat with Ferdinando, rekindled my visit to his vineyard in Tuscany back then. He invited me again for a great wine tasting should I visit his vineyard again. How nice this still very active almost 80-year old man running global business. I have my huge menu of the night autographed by the Ferdinando Frescobaldi for the souvenir…
Looking forward to some more great wine dinner in the near future….

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I went there last week and here's my review:

Ambiance : very private but kind a open style..with kl view , great for romantic dinner.

Foods: I had Mushroom soup,salad , wagyu steak, cod and dessert..overall very good..meet my expectation and their reputation.

Price : Okay..maybe this is not for everybody..the price are bit on the high side..but if u don't mind to splurge maybe once in a while on food,, this is great option.

1  Thank Jalanqueen
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had eaten cheaply the last few nights and decided as it was my last night I'd go for it and eat in Senses. I'd recommend the same to anyone else; the food was sublime and the service was as impeccable as you've probably come to expect from this world-class hotel. I had the Wagyu steak and it did not disappoint. Perfectly prepared and went well with the asparagus. The staff were friendly and attentive without being overly so and I was able to really relax with the views over KL (jungle and a large congested motorway!?). The flight home seemed a long way away after this meal. I spent around £75 on one meal which is obviously very expensive but you know sometimes you just need to show yourself something of the finer aspects of life and Senses will do that for you if you let it:)

1  Thank Alec B
Reviewed 26 September 2012

romantic ambience there, but watch out for haze as in august - oct there might be haze. the area extended to le meridien hotel, so is is very spacious