“Great ramen - fun experience”

Ichiran Dotombori South Building
Ranked #4 of 25 Quick Bites in Osaka
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I had a late dinner here recently while visiting Osaka. The ramen was really delicious and the noodles seemed extra good. I ate in the booth section - which was a new experience - each person sits in a booth and the food is delivered by pulling up a bamboo shade at the front of the booth. I believe there is also a table section, but I did not see it on my visit. Prior to sitting down, you order your meal using a machine that allows you to select a variety of toppings, etc to add to the basic ramen. I really enjoyed the ramen - especially the broth - really delicious. I also thought there was a wide range of toppings and add-ins. I would definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

This is not my first time eating in Ichiran, but I definitely go to Ichiran every time I’m in Japan.

Great for solo travelers (lol), and a must-try for everyone! Order an egg, it’s good with the ramen. :)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I always found the line here shorter than the Ichiran on the other side of the river. I never found myself having to wait too long. It is great that you can customize your ramen. I'm glad I was able to visit a few time to try different combinations. Once I found my favorite, the ramen was great. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or late night. Oh...don't forget an egg.
Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

If you are in Japan and wanna try some delicious tonkotsu ramen, this is the place to go. You will find lots of options in Japan, but not lots of them are open till late night or early morning, this one opens 24/7, so whenever you feel in the mood of ramen, you can go there and have a really pleasant experience.

The service is super fast and the tonkotsu ramen is reaaaaally delicious, it is a MUST, you have to try it.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

my first time at ichiran. we were lucky there was no queue! i liked the concept that it is catered for individual taste..u can choose your ingredients thru the machine. and even the seating arrangement was catered for individuals (choose to dine solo or open up the sides of your space to join your friends all along the counter table). food was served fast through a small window at your own little space. I know it is a popular ramen shop but I wasn't particularly impressed...perhaps cos the serving size was huge for an individual and i could only eat less than half. maybe I'll give it another try next time.

Date of visit: July 2018