Hotel Monterey Lasoeur Osaka
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 324*
USD 202*
USD 94*
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewskyobashi stationcovered walkwaywest exitbusiness parkjr linebusiness areathe loopeasy accessminute walkfamily martquiet at nightbeds were comfortablebreakfast buffetperfect hotelrestaurants and shopsshopping malldefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Even had this hotel have not made me feel very unwelcome it would still have only received an average review as it was quite expensive for what if offered.

On checking in the receptionist asked twice that we had reserved a double room with one bed for two men. I said that was correct both times. She then suggested that I might prefer to stay in a twin room for a small fee (about £40). I said that I was happy with the room I had booked and she looked uncomfortable at this.

My husband then asked what the problem was and why were they so keen for us not to stay in a double room. The other receptionist said that Europeans would find a twin room more to their liking as these rooms were bigger. My husband said that he'd rather stick to the reservation which we had made and that we were happy with the room size.

Upon getting to the room it was bigger than some of the others we had stayed in whilst on our trip to Japan (including the Monterey in Tokyo).

Based on this alone I would never stay at this hotel or this group ever again (but I have given the Monterey in Tokyo a good review as they didn't behave in this way).

The hotel itself was fine and it's location was OK (quite far from shopping, night-life and the station - about £30 in a cab). The hotel is meant to be 4 stars I think but I don't see how given there is no room service and no restaurants or laundry service.

If you are gay don't stay here. If you're not I'd think carefully before you do given it's high price compared to others in Osaka.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank antspants04
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were impressed with this one! Location is great - from JR station, you take covered walkway to the front door of the hotel - maybe 5 min.walk. We were on 21 st floor with a beautiful view of the city and river. Room is nicely decorated, top of the line equipments such as electronic waterheater for tea. Love the bathroom with heated toilet seat, spray of warm water and dryer to keep you clean.
There is a spa at 9th flloor (I think) - public bath, outside bath, whole array of treatments (with fee) and relax room with city view. The fee is about $13 for 24 hours - well worth the price!

Exellent service, beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Our room at 21 floor was quiet with beautiful view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 5 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Small but clean and efficient, close to the train and other restaurants. Short walk to Osaka Castle.

Room Tip: The higher the better - good views
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brendan S
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights & totally no regrets! We researched many hours on the net for hotels in Osaka & originally zeroed in on the other Monterey hotel called Granmere ( there are 3 in Osaka) but they had no rooms. La soeur was our 2nd pick but we are totally glad for it as it was above our expectations. The hotel rooms are decent sized & the beds are comfy. The bathrooms are excellent, with a bathtub even & everything's pretty much in pristine condition. Every morning, they provide you with a copy of the Japan Times.

The hotel is very conveniently located mid point between 2 subway stations, Kyobashi & Osaka Business Park. Kyobashi is also the hub for a few other train lines like the JR & Keihan lines which you can use to get to & from Kansai airport & Kyoto respectively. We purchased the subway passes & traveled all over Osaka city with relative ease though the sheer number of train routes can be daunting!

The staff at the hotel were very helpful & ready to assist in any way. We found Ms Sakamoto of the front desk to be extremely helpful & she also speaks excellent English to boot!

We are already thinking of a return trip to Osaka & if we go, will definitely stay there or at any of their other sister hotels in the Monterey chain all over Japan.

• Stayed: December 2011