Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Gunilla B

Amazing breakfast. Good location. Fitness/pool area not free of charge to hotel guests.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Delicious and large breakfast buffet, with both Japanese and international food. There is also an option for traditional Japanese breakfast trays. Comfortable room and beds and a deep bathtub. Staff is friendly and helpful. Nice location along the river with walking/running paths and coffee shops and other amenities near by. A short walk to the closest JR station. There is a shuttle bus to Osaka station with fixed departure times.
The only disappointment is that the fitness room and pool is not available to hotel guests unless you pay a 2200 yen fee each time you want to visit (not per day or per stay but per occasion, so if you want to go to the fitness room in the morning and to the pool at night you would have to pay twice).
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: If fitness room and pool are important to your stay, be aware that costs extra to visit
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$71
4.5 km from Imperial Hotel Osaka
View more hotels in Osaka
1,307 results
All reviews walk along the river shuttle bus cherry blossom season the hotel offers spacious room excellent hotel minute walk japan english mcdonalds exit
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2024 via mobile

After staying in a couple of mid range hotels in Japan it was a real treat checking in to the Imperial Hotel Osaka.

From the moment I arrived I could already tell why it came so highly recommended. The level of service was incredible and after tripping over myself in tiny hotel rooms, it was so nice to have a hotel room with space! Wardrobe, desk, chair, a place for your suitcase… These may seem like basic things but they make all the difference!

I loved the traditional pyjamas provided, the bathroom amenities were wonderful and the shower! I am going to miss that shower - just heavenly.

The hotel is a little bit further out from the action and I can appreciate that if I’d been staying in Osaka longer, it may have been more efficient to stay in the Minami Ward. However, for the time I was here I managed very well with my 10 minute walk to Sakuranomiya station. In addition to running along the Osaka Loop Line It’s a JR station so I managed to book all my upcoming travel on the bullet trains and Narita Express. Very handy!

There is also a Lawson’s right next to the station and there’s an entrance to the hotel right next to the river walkway so you can zip right in when you get back from a day’s exploration. (Just be mindful that the riverside exit closes at night so you’ll need to walk to the main entrance or there’s a phone there and you can call the front desk to have someone let you in).

Free tea, coffee and mineral water in the room were most welcome and the view was spectacular! I was on the 18th floor which was gave me some amazing views of the city in the morning and night.

I didn’t eat at any of the restaurants but did order room service after a particularly tiring day. It wasn’t great but they were very accommodating of my dietary requirements and were very apologetic when they ran out of an item I ordered. I’d stick to eating in Dotonburi…

Overall, I loved my stay at the Imperial and would happily go back.

Room tip: Take the West exit out of Sakuranomiya station for the hotel. Enter the hotel via the river walkway (Level 1).
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2024

Little bit old style Japanese hotel brand named "Imperial Hotel", but good size room and high grade service with kind people at the hotel made our trip can have good memory at this hotel.
The most good point of this hotel is excellent location who want to take real rest with no people.
The river view is also great and perfect to have jogging along the river jogging course.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Suk Young Marvi... Y
Reviewed 18 April 2024

Stayed at the Imperial hotel in Osaka as it appealed to me being on the river away from the hustle and bustle of the city and station area. Luckily there's a free shuttle bus for hotel guests but it looked like locals used the service as well for free.

We had a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the river, the hotel is showing it's age but the deal we had included breakfast (which I had to negotiate on) as we were given 2 twin rooms when I wanted a king room and adjoining twin room for my daughters.

Service was very good but the breakfast was very underwhelming with limited choices and they were constantly running out of food in both breakfast venues.
The hotel is located on the river and not far from a rail line, there are very few restaurants nearby so we used to catch the bus into Osaka station and go to Dotonbori where all the action is including a great teppanyaki restaurant called President which was excellent.
Next time I'd stay around the station area where all the retail, transport links and its proximity to Osaka nightlife.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2024

We stayed at the Imperial hotel for 9 nights in a deluxe double on the Imperial floor. The room was a good size and had lovely views out onto the river. Unfortunately the cherry blossom was late this year so we didn't get to see them in bloom. But still a lovely view from room. Breakfast had a wide range of options for many different tastes. the staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Whether it was send our suitcases to our next hotel, arranging early morning taxis's or answering general queries. We used the imperial lounge which was included in our stay for imperial floor guests and enjoyed free beverages, wine beer etc and snacks. Staff always attentive and friendly making you feel welcome.

Room was lovely and quiet and didn't hear any other guests throughout the whole of our stay.

The hotel is 20 mins away from the train station and does offer a free shuttle which was great to have. On weekdays and non holidays this service doesnt start until 10am which was a little late if you wanted to explore areas further afield . But on weekends it does start earlier. Most Shops don't open in Japan until 10am and restaurants 11am.

With our room we had turn down service, which is a nice added touch, little chocolates left by your bed each night and ambience music put on for your return

3 free complimentary water in our room and a fridge and mini bar if you wanted to buy anything

The hotel is situation right by a 7 eleven which can be used daily and next to OAP building with shops and food options.

If I was to return to Osaka I would definitely go back to The imperial hotel.

Room tip: Upgrade to imperial floor
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2023

I went to this hotel with high expectations because it is a famous hotel, but the following points were not good.
I took the shuttle bus from the Osaka station and put my baby stroller on the bus. The stroller was handled very roughly, and the luggage on the stroller fell on the road, and was also handled roughly when the luggage was put back.

We had to wait more than 30 minutes for the restaurant in the morning. I can't help but wonder why they can't meet the demand. I have never waited so long for breakfast in my life. The breakfast itself tasted average. The omelette was delicious.

The breakfast restaurant charged us for children under 3 years old, which should have been free of charge. I am wondering why they would do that even though I told them in advance that we have a child under 3 years old.

This is the first time I have ever had such a series of unpleasant experiences in the 24 hours of my stay.
I will never go there again.

Date of stay: December 2023