“Memorable New Year's Stay”

Imperial Hotel Osaka
Ranked #6 of 333 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel located across the canal from Osaka Castle. We arrived late on New Year's Eve so ended up celebrating at the Rainbow Lounge on 23rd floor overlooking Osaka city skyline. We lucked out at check in when reception staff kindly upgraded us to the Executive Floor with views overlooking the city. We found the shuttle bus service (runs every 10 mins) to be very helpful getting to and from Osaka Station. For those who prefer a beautiful walk, navigate your way to osaka castle on foot (which is a 30 mins easy walk from the hotel). The hotel is also connected to a shopping arcade but unfortunately most shops were closed New Year's day.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Changjo88

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I stayed at this hotel for one night. Receptionist was helpful. The twin bed room was nice and warm since I went here Japan in winter. It has good toiletries include cosmetic sample from famous brand in Japan. I had breakfast at the restaurant in the ground floor because the other floor already full. The restaurant provided Japanese and Western menu.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 15 December 2016

The Imperial Hotel Osaka is located far away from the main city district to get away from the bustle but close enough to be within touching distance of the action... beautiful old hotel located right next to a river with a pretty park and excellent dining options (check out the Oriental Garden it's a must).

The rooms are old and possibly could do with a refurb but all in all you will enjoy top class service, excellent facilities and all the extras you would expect for a hotel of this price.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Location: I wouldn't say it's centrally located in Osaka at all. In fact, it takes about 15 minutes by cab to get to the central area of Osaka - the Dotonburi area - so it's a bit inconvenient. The train station is also quite a walk from the hotel. Nearest one is about 10 minutes walk and it's way across the river. Would be a hassle in the rain.

Room: Love the amenities. Typical of Imperial actually. Well stocked.

Staff: Excellent. We asked to ship our luggage and they went out of their way to wrap our luggage for us.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Farhanah D
Reviewed 16 November 2016

First of all, Imperial hotel is one of the best hotel in Japan. You can get real OMOTENASHI (hospitality) from this Japanese hotel.
I took a taxi from Osaka station to this hotel, the taxi dropped me on the first floor. The bell service immediately approached me asked if i would stay. He explained that checkin lobby is actually on the second floor, then he politely asked if he could assist my luggage. He escorted me to the second floor and processed the check in. the time i arrived was too early to check in, so the hotel left my luggage and went to river walk to Osaka castle.
After I returned to the hotel, the room was ready and my luggage was in the room already.
The hotel staff politely explained the room and had deep bow for me with big thank you.
The view from the room was beautiful, nice city-lights over Osaka downtown.
The room is very quiet. I don't hear any noise even from outside. The size of room is big enough to relax and very clean in detail. i did not see any dust or any scratches in the room. very well maintained.
The breakfast buffet was excellent and that was not so expensive. I would say the price was very reasonable compare to other high-end hotels in Japan.
The staffs in the restaurant were very helpful, my coffee was always full.
If you a fan of Snoopy, this is the place to stay. There is a plan to stay Snoopy room and the hotel shop carries original Snoopy goods, such as coffee cups, notes, luggage tags.
I love this hotel, highly recommend, definitely stay again when I am in Osaka.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Osaka hotels
Osaka Station / Umeda
Hotel Granvia Osaka
#52 of 333 in Osaka
Hotel Nikko Osaka
#19 of 333 in Osaka

Been to Imperial Hotel Osaka? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Imperial Hotel Osaka

Address: 1-8-50 Temmabashi, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0042, Osaka Prefecture
Region: Japan > Kinki > Osaka Prefecture > Osaka
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Luxury Hotel in Osaka
#8 Family Hotel in Osaka
#10 Romantic Hotel in Osaka
#14 Business Hotel in Osaka
Price Range: $181 - $591 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Imperial Hotel Osaka 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), JAPANiCAN, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Imperial Hotel Osaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Osaka Imperial Hotel