“Amazing dining experience! Innovative Cuisine! Very Enjoyable!”
Review of Fujiya 1935

Fujiya 1935
Ranked #39 of 32,610 Restaurants in Osaka
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Fujiya1935 runs by 4th generation owner/chef Tetsuya Fujiwara took me through one of the most enjoyable food journey I have ever had. From the appetizers to the end of the desserts; every dish served to me is of high food quality, stable and the presentation delightful. I especially like the soft, fluffy, cake like sponge bread with truffle cream. It is so delicious!!! The main course of venison is cooked to perfection; very tender and juicy. So yummy! Nothing is spared on the ingredients, and the flavors are brought up skillfully highlighted. It was a stunning dinner, and I had a great time. Chef Fujiwara is indeed talented both in the kitchen and out. Very well managed restaurant. Met Chef Fujiwara at the end of the meal, and he is so friendly that I am surely looking forward to my next visit. Dinner course ¥15,000

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This was our 4th visit in 5 years (last year we missed out sadly) and it's as good as ever. Very different seasonal menu to the last (winter) one but perfectly balanced and genuinely beautiful as always. Went with the wine pairing which was perfectly matched to the lighter more nuanced summer fare. Impeccable food, Great wine and immaculate service. If you haven't been here yet you're missing out. We'll be back !!!

1  Thank SaigonStevo
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Impeccable food, drink and service. Location is a bit out of the way but definitely worth the effort. As it is a Michelin star restaurant, so early planning is required so be sure to book in advance. The menu / ingredient changes with the season. During our visit, I had the opportunity to try the sea urchin for the first time and it was delicious. Would definitely go again the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My husband and I came to Japan for our honeymoon recently. We went to a ton of dinners throughout the country and to be honest our dinner at Fujiya 1935 outshined them all. Each course was beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. It was hard to believe that one course after another could have impressed us more and more but it did. Also for juys 150 yen per person, the meal was extremely reasonably priced. Highly recommend going to this restaurant if you are in Osaka!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We were able to get a reservation via our hotel the Ritz in Osaka a few weeks in advance.

We got to the restaurant on time to be seated on the bottom floor, where we were poured spring water in a small glass to freshen us up until our table was ready.

As we sat down and ordered the tasting menu, the first dish was this desert looking pastry, which was extremely fluffy and tastey, with savoury filling.

Next was the Nori Uni ball, Uni deep fried and coated with fresh Nori, truly delicious, rich and nicely salty with the Nori coating, would've loved to have a few more of them.

Next was a fish with a foam on top that was quite woah woah..hard to explain but again another fascinating combination of flavours and textures as the fish was tender, but rich and impactful.

In transition they served us home baked bread, that was phenomenal with the butter or pork lard, naturally the pork lard on the hot bread with a dash of salt was extremely satisfying.

Then came a baby ocotopus pasta, with tender and juicy squid in tandem with the delicious sauce and pasta.

Next was fried whitebait which was another texture rich and deep dish, really could feel the chef's control and ability to guide you to taste the different ideas he had...wonderful

Besides explaining and sharing the dishes in depth, the photos really do it no justice.

Was a nice meal, for a fairly acceptable price given the level of service/quality and attention to detail in the food, memorable and fun meal to kick start our osaka trip.

1  Thank ktam852