See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in this Hotel for three nights. We chose it based on good feedback, a good online-price and its location.

It's about a 10min walk away from the train station, which makes this Hotel pretty conveniently located. Around a mile away you can reach the Zenko-ji.
The Hotel is at a main street, but the town was (in summer) pretty quiet and not much traffic around. So we got a very quiet sleep.

The welcome and check-in was warm, friendly and fast. The rooms had a (for Japan) decent size and all the regular amenities (flatscreen, fridge etc.)
The bed was very comfortable and the whole room and bathroom spotless clean. The bathroom had some nice shower/gel products and the typically great toilet (with all the buttons).
The only downside was that the aircon was a bit fuzzy to adjust. Too cold or too warm. Except for that we really had a good time here and would recommend it.

Wanna know more about me and my trips? Check my profile (with a link to my website).

Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank Bandit-One
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here 1 night. Helpful staff and good service. Location is great; within walking distance from the biggest wooden temple in Japan.
We had a room on the corner almost top floor, so the view was great! Almost the same as when you have breakfast on the top floor.
Also easy to park your car at this hotel.
Overall; good hotel!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I spent five days at this hotel and have no complaints at all. Hotel staff speak good English and give excellent service, check in/out was quick and easy, room as fairly large and immaculate and toiletries were good quality. The view of the mountains was nice. This hotel is located in a convenient position, however, it is NOT (like advised by other posters) within 10min walking distance from the train station - more like 25min pulling a large suitcase and walking at a normal pace. I would advise catching a taxi which we did on check out and only cost AUS$6.00.

Room tip: Pillows are hard (as per usual in Japan). You can ask for extra pillows. You can get a power adaptor from reception. Free wi-fi in the Lobby area.
1  Thank Gwendolyn1
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel is showing its age some. I can’t remember the last time I had a physical key to open my hotel room with. The room is good size though and nicely done. The bathroom looks like a prefab. It gets the job done, but won’t win a beauty contest. They do need to deep clean the carpet in the room. It was very dirty. We enjoyed the breakfast that came with the room. It’s served on the 16th floor with amazing views. We never had a problem with finding a place to sit. The selection is ok with Japanese and western. For the price, $100/night it’s a great value and a good base camp for exploring. It’s a nice walk to the temple up the street and easy to get to the train station. No English TV channels though and not much around the area at night. Great view of the mountains though from our room. Service was good.

1  Thank hico01
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Not bad for Y10,000 for 2, for Japan a big room and decent sized bathroom. Nice big window with a nice view. Big beds and reasonably soft for Japan, with good pillows (that is not the norm in Japan). Hard to fault for the price but Sheraton Hiroshima for $15 more set the bar very high indeed.

Taxi from train station is base price (meter won't tick over) though easily walkable without luggage. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

We used as a base to explore Togakushi shrines which I thought was a great area, somewhat off the tourist path so crowds non existant.

Date of stay: April 2013