“Good but don’t go out of your way ”

Hamburg & Steak Pound, Umekoji
Ranked #22 of 15,488 Restaurants in Kyoto
Price range: USD 0 - USD 53
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Description: We'll give foreign tourists goods made of KIMONO! In the eastern part of Kyoto Central Market, under the JR bridge. Matured hamburger steak lunch at lunchtime and matured steak for dinner! Side dishes also available! A hamburger steak created with a lot of consideration by a meat specialist who runs a steak house cannot be a standard hamburger steak! It has plenty of gravy and matured fragrances as it is made with plenty of extra matured Japanese beef lean cuts and premium short ribs. Enjoy this POUND original hamburger steak, a true meat combination with sweet flavors obtained by using plenty of Awaji onions! In front of Umekoji Park, Kyoto Aquarium!!! Our restaurant is a pleasant place both for families and for couples!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We thought the burgers here were pretty good but nothing amazing. I recommend going if you’re nearby but I wouldn’t go out your way to get there ( like we did and sort of regretted it). It’s a little pricey too

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch and was not disappointed. We were seated immediately and had the regular beef burgers which were great! Unfortunately they were out of Kobe beef, but everything was still delicious.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great service, just like everywhere else we’ve been to in Japan. We took a $25 taxi to get here just because we wanted to try Kobe beef burger but unfortunately just was a good burger. I was expecting something phenomenal. Maybe I have had too many burgers in my lifetime but I thought it was gonna be way more spectacular. If you’re close go ahead and get it but otherwise I wouldn’t take a trip especially for this place.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Went here with high expectations given the ratings on trip advisor. The meat in the burger is great, but the rest was just so so. I wish they had wasabi mayonnaise or teriyaki sauce options on the burger with bun menu. A few tweaks to the burger to make it really unique to Kyoto could make this place great.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

My partner and I ordered the double burger and the steak patty and sautéed steak/veggies and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a nice change up from Japanese food when we were looking for something western. Staff were great!

Date of visit: February 2018